Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Looks like we could get 6" or so today and tonight (8-12" to our west and north)!

Bring it on!

Issued by The National Weather Service
Raleigh/Durham, NC
4:12 am EST, Fri., Dec. 18, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY.

BASIS... AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL TRACK NORTHEAST ALONG THE CAROLINA COAST FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY.

PRECIPITATION TYPES AND ACCUMULATION... SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON. ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 5 INCHES ARE LIKELY BY SUNSET. SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT MAINLY OVER THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT INCLUDING PIEDMONT TRIAD REGION... WHERE STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 8 TO 12 INCHES ARE LIKELY. THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET... MAINLY SOUTH AND EAST OF THE PIEDMONT TRIAD LATE TONIGHT. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO LIGHT SNOW OR LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE SATURDAY... WITH LITTLE ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Looks like we could get 6" or so today and tonight (8-12" to our west and north)!

Bring it on!

Issued by The National Weather Service
Raleigh/Durham, NC
4:12 am EST, Fri., Dec. 18, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY.

BASIS... AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL TRACK NORTHEAST ALONG THE CAROLINA COAST FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY.

PRECIPITATION TYPES AND ACCUMULATION... SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON. ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 5 INCHES ARE LIKELY BY SUNSET. SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT MAINLY OVER THE NORTHWEST PIEDMONT INCLUDING PIEDMONT TRIAD REGION... WHERE STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 8 TO 12 INCHES ARE LIKELY. THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET... MAINLY SOUTH AND EAST OF THE PIEDMONT TRIAD LATE TONIGHT. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO LIGHT SNOW OR LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE SATURDAY... WITH LITTLE ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION.

THAT MY FRIEND IS...

AWESOME!

WE'RE EXPECTING IN EXCESS OF 12+!

GUESS I BETTER GET MY COLD WEATHER GEAR TOGETHER...

COLD WEATHER GEAR = FLIP FLOPS, T-SHIRT & SHORTS

WOO!! HOO!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Chux95 wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
THAT MY FRIEND IS...

AWESOME!

WE'RE EXPECTING IN EXCESS OF 12+!

GUESS I BETTER GET MY COLD WEATHER GEAR TOGETHER...

COLD WEATHER GEAR = FLIP FLOPS, T-SHIRT & SHORTS

WOO!! HOO!!

I see your in Woodbridge! I lived in the DC area for over 25 years (Alexandria, Fairfax, Rosslyn, Merrifield, then also in MD in Germantown, Gaithersburg, Sil. Spring). :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I'm outta my mind with freakin' excitement !...I'm never going to be able to sleep tonight...There won't be a loaf a bread, a gallon of milk or a roll of toilet paper to be found in my state by the end of today...It doesn't take much snow to bring this state to a screeching halt & I have no doubt that this amount of snow will completely incapacitate my lil' state...

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

Have fun in it - we got 12" last week here in Nebraska and it's still on the ground - very little melt !! Merry Christmas

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Looks like the whole North east coast from NC to NY is gonna get hit with alot of fluffy stuff!!!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ahhhh Man! Wouldn't ya know it! We are in Raleigh and it's gonna pretty much just miss us! DANG!!!! Now when we lived in the Smokies?? WOW!!!! White Christmas!!! Our home in Hayesville, NC was a winter wonderland! Like CT says, "Bring it on!"

Or............. How about "Biltmore" in "white". Magnificant!!!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I bet we get NOTHING guys in Raleigh. I bet it misses us or a few little flurries, which would be fine with me!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

The schools over this way will start letting out students in 15 minutes (I think it was an early dismissal day, anyways)!

Not that we get a lot of snow here . . . ever . . . but this might be our biggest snow amount in several years. :)

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

The schools here LITERALLY PANIC, which is always comical to me, but I guess the safest thing to do.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Nice and sunny here in the low to mid 50's until next week when we expect another dusting... Just in time for X-mas.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Snow is coming my way as well. They say 6 inches or if it takes another track 12+.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Ya'll can keep it... no more SNOW for this Cali boy..:madd looks like it's going to be sunny and in the mid 70's today.. yeah BRING THAT ON..! :t

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.