Registered
11,016 Posts
Very cool Seiko. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! And yes, Ganson. I have another one from the recraft series on my list, but not sure if I want anything with a 24mm strap yet. That, and I'm not in the mood for anything else with a bracelet at the moment.

It should be in tomorrow. I'm gonna need a watch winder in a bit. Lol.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I can do this for him, I really wasn't into Seiko watches at all. But I'm starting to get it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's here!!!

I find this funny. Every single amazon Seiko purchase. Lol

It's a US market watch. Complete with warranty card.

Rated at 44mm, but wears a little bigger. Just because of the case.

Utilizes the 7S26C. Watch #3 with this movement for me. Definitely time for a winder. Lol. I was going for hand winding, but for some reason, I got mixed up thinking that this movement was hand windable.

My wrist are quite small, so it looks kinda big. I can deal with it. Feels very comfortable, though.

A deployant clasp will be on order later. But the strap feels very supple already. Comfortable on the wrist.

Compared to my 44m Invicta. Like I said, the case makes it seem bigger.

Only gripe so far is there no lume on the hands. I'll check out the watch repair shop I go to and see if he can put some on them later. Possibly while I get him to adjust my snk805.

There's a slight dome on the crystal with a beveled edge on it. Overall, I like it. I'll give a better update over the next couple days.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, been watching this thing off and on for a couple days. It's at about 13 seconds fast a day. First time I've encountered that with an auto. But this watch is growing on me a little more. I do like how they modernized it a little by going to the 44mm case, but I'd probably prefer it more at 38mm. I'd be super happy if it was that size with a seconds subdial at 6. Overall, it's a fun watch. Well understated (personal preference of mine) and can swap nicely between casual and dress. I've wore it everyday except on days when I've left the house and forgotten to put on a watch, and yesterday when I wore my SNK805.

I'll be putting a deployment clasp on order when I get back from work, and that should be it. Possibly, lume on the hands, if I decide to do so.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Nice pickup!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks chazman. I like it a lot. I don't ogle it like most of my others, but it's not at all a disappointment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts