·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So just got it, im not a great reviewer so ill give initial impressions

-Was very HEAVY, like 30 lbs

-Outer box had some damage, guessing from UPS

-After opening I gave it a look over and it does look very nice. There were a few odd scuffs/looks like fingerprints but dont seem to wipe off on one side that ill see if they come out and also when you pull the drawers out, they are finished all the way around but on mine there are a few weird ripples in the outer finish on the backside of the drawers. Cant see unless you pull drawers out etc but nonetheless looks like they did a hasty job there. Since they arent readily visible, not sure its worth returning over.

-I remember JIM saying that you wont believe who made this and their name is all over it etc and "I cant say it on air", well on the documentation that comes with it, it says Thomas Pacconi,,,,,,,No clue who that is, likely some SNBC shill. Oh well, certainly not Wolf, Orbita etc...lol..nothing to make me excited over.

-ALso the presentation said that the bottoms were well padded etc so as not to scratch your fine furniture, well must not be too good as i scratched our brand new bedroom furniture with it....F'n A!!!! Had to do a little sharpie black marker fix....Ghetto, but worked!

-Documentation totally sucks, tells you what the 5 programs are but what would be helpful is to know how many revolutions per day each equates to so that I know im winding the pieces enough as most require 650-800 per day. Also it says it has a 90 day warranty which requires a $7.95 handling fee. Then says that if after the 90 days and its out of warranty, the instructions are the same except its a $9.95 fee. Is that right? Seems like very reasonable if true, unless they also hit you with repair fees etc beyond that?? Again the doc isnt clear. They do give you contact info incl phone number for help etc though which is great.

-I will say that when plugging in and turning on, so far its amazingly quiet and smooth on the gears. Hopefully it stays that way.

- Smells like all HELL when you open it, must need to air out i guess

-The watches stay very very well in place both in the cubbies and on the winder which i was worried about. Since my wrist is smaller many of my watches i was only able to close one end of the bracelet around the pillow as they dont have alot of give, likely what keeps them secure in the cubbies.

-Drawers pull smoothly etc, hardware seems nice.

-I am very happy in that even the biggest watches i have do indeed fit both in the top under the glass as well as in the drawer without either hitting the glass or scraping the top of the bezel when closing the drawer....That i am happy about as its a pet peeve from my other box.

-I have some Anonimos and SAN3 on the winders now that were totally dead, gave em a shake and will let run all day and see how charged they get. Since one is a Power reserve I should be able to see easily how full it gets.

- The real test will come after i let these rip on the winder for a while and see how well that does!!!

- I didnt get a pic of the botom drawer interior, but I do like it, have my few rings in there, a few watches and straps etc...Very nice.

-Overall is it a perfect work of art? NO, Is it very very nice and seem like better quality then most of whats out there? YES. Am i happy with it as a sub $200 purchase after %5 back from Mr Rebates? YES, So FAR. How the winders do will be the final factor as to whether I keep it or it goes back!!!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

It sure does look nice, Eric.

I hope you have a lot of luck with it.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I wish my reviews were as thorough as your non-review LOL!
It looks really nice Eric, I hope the winders are what they're supposed to be. Keep us posted please.:)

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Looks great, nice review. Keep us posted with a follow-up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Eric It looks nice in your pictures but only some time will tell you if there are problems. You have 90 days. Lets hope it works out. I know you will keep us posated.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Hey Eric,

First allow me to thank you for the review as well as the great pics!

Couples of questions..

1. I was unaware that Thomas Pacconi was in the watch winder business.Thought he was in furniture, christmas trees, trinkets etc.. Was there another name that was affixed to the actual winders and/or within the supplied documentation?
  2. I couldn't help but notice the Subaqua (rosetone/black)on the top right hand side of the top shelf. When closing the unit, is it touching the lid? The reason why I'm asking is that, it appears to be touching the rim of the inside housing, a possibilty of being too large for tor the compartment. (then again it just be my eyes)
Again, I do appreciate your review.Overall, I do agree that the unit does look great, as well asone heck of a deal. I know it probably took awhile to set up this review. Thanks for your efforts to keep all of us up to date with this particular item.

Your efforts, are much apprciated!

Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Hey chuck! Nope I didn't see any other name in there other then Sicuro and Thomas pacconi. As for the san3 it fits on both the winder and in a cubby without touching the lid. The box is great in that sense for sure that my watches don't touch each other or the lid etc.

Chux95 wrote:
Hey Eric,

First allow me to thank you for the review as well as the great pics!

Couples of questions..

1. I was unaware that Thomas Pacconi was in the watch winder business. Thought he was in furniture, christmas trees, trinkets etc..  Was there another name that was affixed to the actual winders and/or within the supplied documentation?
  2. I couldn't help but notice the Subaqua (rosetone/black) on the top right hand side of the top shelf. When closing the unit, is it touching the lid? The reason why I'm asking is that, it appears to be touching the rim of the inside housing, a possibilty of being too large for tor the compartment.  (then again it just be my eyes)
Again, I do appreciate your review. Overall, I do agree that the unit does look great, as well as one heck of a deal. I know it probably took awhile to set up this review. Thanks for your efforts to keep all of us up to date with this particular item.

Your efforts, are much apprciated!

Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

So tryin to use the OTV Winder and it seems a few watches didnt maintain their full wind. I want to make sure i am using the right program before I send it back.

Here are the watches i have on there and the programs that the winder is capable of. Can you please tell me which program i should select for each?

Anonimo- 650 TPD Both direction
Anonimo- 650 TPD Both DIrection
SAN3- 800 TPD Clockwise

Programs:

1. CW 6, rest 30, Repeat
2. CCW 6, rest 30, repeat
3. CCW 20, rest 10, CW 20, rest 10, repeat
4. CW 10, CCW 10 lasting 3 hours, rest 9 hours, repeat cycle

SInce the Anons wind either direction and need 650 per day, I wound them all the way up and put them on setting 3...Seemed to loser power by the am down from full to about half or 3/4.

The SAN is set on 1 since the 7750 only winds one direction and neeeds 800 per day, it is running but cant tell how much power it has since there is no Power reserve on it.

The issue is I dont know how many Turns per day each of these programs actually give a watch.....HELP PLS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.