Watch Freeks banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
That's a very nice, clean and simple watch! I've been eyeing this one for a long time which absolutely doesn't mean anything. I do this with a lot of watches :D. On his website, Eddie Platts openly states that his Smiths Everest is nothing like the original. This Everest is more like a brother to that other famous watch that went up. Why he chose to go this way is actually a mystery to me because it would be not too much of an effort to follow the design of the original. Bu that's all water under the bridge, enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanks, the 36mm would of been fine with me but i found this one instead.:cool:
heard he had some sort of surgery and who knows when website back up.
the armida a6 looks sweet also. :smile-thumb2:

That's a very nice, clean and simple watch! I've been eyeing this one for a long time which absolutely doesn't mean anything. I do this with a lot of watches :D. On his website, Eddie Platts openly states that his Smiths Everest is nothing like the original. This Everest is more like a brother to that other famous watch that went up. Why he chose to go this way is actually a mystery to me because it would be not too much of an effort to follow the design of the original. Bu that's all water under the bridge, enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
thanks, the 36mm would of been fine with me but i found this one instead.:cool:
heard he had some sort of surgery and who knows when website back up.
the armida a6 looks sweet also. :smile-thumb2:

http://www.timefactors.com/ still up, most recent news is from May this year.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
He wore the SMITHS but had ROLEX in pocket, right ??? :rolleyes:

I heard that was the case, and his Sherpa guide actually wore a Rolex, so the claim that Rolex was worn to the top of Mount Everest was true, just not on Sir Edmunds wrist!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts