Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Best Buy and took some pictures. Some of the bands, straps and bracelets available are getting nicer and nicer.

The Moto is super cool and has the best real watch feel due to the shape.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Moto would be my choice too. It's not as Dick Tracy(ish) as the others. Although I don't even have a smart phone so I don't think I'm the target market for a smart watch.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that one was actually really cool all around. I am looking forward to seeing the iWatch, but it is not round like the Moto.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The moto appeals most out of those pictured.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I picked up the LG G Watch 4 weeks ago. It was on sale for $99 so figured I would check it out.I have it all figured out at this point and I like it. I wear my nice traditional automatic watches during the week as I am at work with the computer in front of me and the smart watch on the weekends as I get a ton of emails and it saves having to constantly take the phone out and check it.Kinda nice to just check the wrist real quick to see who's emailing me.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I like the Moto and the case of the Samsung Gear2.

For me, one major issue with smart watches is that I would want the dial display to be visible all the time rather than having to tap or swipe it to wake it up.

Plus, I just can't see myself using it to read emails, surf the Net, or even to check the weather. I'd like the be able to see the time and date, measure time, set an alarm, and change the dial design to suit my whims--sort of your traditional watch functions. That about it.

All those functions don't require an accompanying smart phone, but I assume they would require battery technology that just doesn't exist yet.

It's fun to check these gadgets out, though!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had been following the Pebble Smartwatch since its Kickstarter days and finally purchased one at Best Buy on sale over the holidays for $89.

I really like the fact the display is always on, the long battery life, the ability to create your own watch faces, receiving texts and emails as well as the Runkeeper and Endomondo activity app integration.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I've had the Pebble from the original Kickstarter and they have done an exceptional job keeping their users updated and the equipment updated with new releases. It does have some uses when it is nice to see the notifications on your wrist without pulling out your phone. Phone use can be rude in certain situations and the Pebbles allows you to be very subtle with peaking at your notifications in certain situations.

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
They are kinda cool. But, personally, I don't really need to be that connected.
I just don't need it.
To me, it's just one more thing that will need to constantly be recharged.
I'm not against them, but they just seem like a solution in search of a problem.

Reactions: GoldenHawk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
They are kinda cool. But, personally, I don't really need to be that connected.
I just don't need it.
To me, it's just one more thing that will need to constantly be recharged.
I'm not against them, but they just seem like a solution in search of a problem.
In a nutshell.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy at Best Buy said they are selling like crazy and very quickly. In addition to the fitness bracelets that track steps and also tell time. Said it is one of the hottest sellers in the entire store.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
The guy at Best Buy said they are selling like crazy and very quickly. In addition to the fitness bracelets that track steps and also tell time. Said it is one of the hottest sellers in the entire store.
I believe it!!

Reactions: TVDinner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts