Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see this? DID not show up on a search in forums

Citizen and Seiko together
:smile-thumb2:

mehttp://www.engadget.com/2015/08/31/sony-wena-smartwatch/

Attachments

·
6,403 Posts
That does look promising and thank you for this heads up. The band prototype looks very well made, in typical thorough Japanese fashion. (Watcho-band :D). The price of the three hand isn't shabby either but still I can't find a use for it. (To myself that is).

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Sony is crowdfunding? What, are they friggin broke or something.

·
6,403 Posts
Sony is crowdfunding? What, are they friggin broke or something.
They don't make much profit lately:

TOKYO - Sony (IW 1000/55) on Wednesday cut its full-year loss forecast by more than a quarter to $1.4 billion, thanks to a weak yen and improving smart phone sales but it warned of further job cuts as part of its sweeping corporate overhaul.

The firm said it now expects to lose 170 billion yen in the fiscal year to March, down from an earlier estimate of 230 billion yen, as it also cited lower restructuring costs.
Sony has struggled in the consumer electronics business that built its global brand, including losing billions of dollars in televisions over the past decade as fierce competition from lower-cost rivals pummelled the TV subsidiary's finances.

But I see this becoming a trend. It's a clever way to test the waters for a new product, with limited financial risks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts