Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know where I can purchase a small ( 5-6 watch ) size watch box that will fit extra large size 50mm watches.

I have been searching for hours but cannot find anything. The smaller size boxes that claim to hold large watches do not seem to have big enough size compartments as they are typically only 2"x3".

The boxes I found that can fit the big boys are much too big in capacity for what I need right now.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ironcross wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a small ( 5-6 watch ) size watch box that will fit extra large size 50mm watches.

I have been searching for hours but cannot find anything. The smaller size boxes that claim to hold large watches do not seem to have big enough size compartments as they are typically only 2"x3".

The boxes I found that can fit the big boys are much too big in capacity for what I need right now.
Iron - I went through EXACTLY the same thing a few months ago. I finally purchased a box from Turtle Creations. I got this box - http://www.turtlecreation.com/cafiwepaclgl.html

It is SUPER NICE and a great price... but some of the larger watches can not be put next to each other without the crown of one large watch rubbing against the watch next to it. So I staggered my larger and smaller watches and that worked well.

It is a very nice case at a good price, but know that 50-52mm is about the max you can put next to each other. Right now you might be able to stagger thebigger oneswith your smaller models.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks TV, this really has me frustrated as I want to keep the size limited to 6 watches max for now. Apparently, nobody makes anything I'm looking for in this size and style. I measured the dimensions of my Reserve box my Excursion came in, and the compartment size needs to be at least 2 1/2" wide instead of the normal 2" wide size that is most common for watch boxes.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ironcross wrote:
Thanks TV, this really has me frustrated as I want to keep the size limited to 6 watches max for now. Apparently, nobody makes anything I'm looking for in this size and style. I measured the dimensions of my Reserve box my Excursion came in, and the compartment size needs to be at least 2 1/2" wide instead of the normal 2" wide size that is most common for watch boxes.
That is why you shold look at the box I mentioned. It holds 10, but you will only put 6 in there, or 6 big ones with smaller ones between. will work perfectly!
look at this picture of the inside of it -

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

Ironcross wrote:
My problem TV, is that I would be compelled to fill that box up asap. :)

What is interesting is that those compartments are listed at just a hair over 2" wide like alot of the other cases I have looked at.

Makes me wonder about this one:

http://www.buywatchwinders.com/heiden-black-watch-box-watches-p-153.html

What do you think?
Iron - Personally I think that might be a littleexpensive for only 6 slots.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

TheWATCHer wrote:
Ironcross wrote:
My problem TV, is that I would be compelled to fill that box up asap. :)

What is interesting is that those compartments are listed at just a hair over 2" wide like alot of the other cases I have looked at.

Makes me wonder about this one:

http://www.buywatchwinders.com/heiden-black-watch-box-watches-p-153.html

What do you think?
Iron - Personally I think that might be a little expensive for only 6 slots.
Maybe, but it looks like nice quality.

And if it worked out, I wouldn't mind the price after the hours of searching I've gone through to find one I liked.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ironcross - it does look like a nice quality box. But what if you outgrow it in 3 months?
I think the reality I realized was that ... I WAS going to outgrow the box. For me, I have just decided that I needed to go much larger (over 20) so I did not keep buying a box every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Ironcross - it does look like a nice quality box. But what if you outgrow it in 3 months?
I think the reality I realized was that ... I WAS going to outgrow the box. For me, I have just decided that I needed to go much larger (over 20) so I did not keep buying a box every 6 months or so.
It is possible I may outgrow it, but that just might (maybe) keep me from buying every single watch I want.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ironcross wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
It is possible I may outgrow it, but that just might (maybe) keep me from buying every single watch I want.
I took a few more pictures for you of my watch box with different size watches in it.

Istill think that you can get this one, for less then the other one you mentioned, and get more use out of it and more bang for your buck!

As you can see I am staggering the really larger ones (Reserve Excursion, SANIII) with smaller case size watches like the grand divers (47mm), etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
imported post

I agree with TVD on this, you should get the 10 slot case, you are going to fill it sooner rather then later, right my friend? This way you are saving money now instead of buying small boxes again and again, just my .02 cents, YMMV of course.

Charlie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts