·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1 lb. ground beef
1 10 oz. can tomato soup
1 jar {about 12 ozs.} salsa

Brown and drain burger, add the soup & salsa, mix well over low heat. DO NOT add water to the soup.

I make this for my godson & he swears it's the best in all the land...He's all of 4 yrs. old so, you better believe that he knows what he's talking about.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
1 lb. ground beef
1 10 oz. can tomato soup
1 jar {about 12 ozs.} salsa

Brown and drain burger, add the soup & salsa, mix well over low heat. DO NOT add water to the soup.

I make this for my godson & he swears it's the best in all the land...He's all of 4 yrs. old so, you better believe that he knows what he's talking about.

I'm going to try this. Sounds much better than the standard Manwich or whatever that junk is....thanks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I can see where this would be MUCH better than Manwich!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

You guys are most welcome...This is giving me a laugh, no one ever comes to me for anything that has to do with cooking, let alone a recipe.

And by all means, if you like it hot, use the hot & spicy salsa & godson insists it be served with tater tots.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Had this for dinner tonight and it was a hit with the family. Thanks for the tip. To others try it.....

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Had this for dinner tonight and it was a hit with the family. Thanks for the tip. To others try it.....
you actually made this tonight? VERY COOL - Take pictures next time and post them of the feast!!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
you actually made this tonight? VERY COOL - Take pictures next time and post them of the feast!!!
Yep. Looks like regular sloppy joe nothing special but tasted great.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

This sounds good :q! I like Salsa. Thanks for the recipe Duchess. ....Bob

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
That's great, Wolf...I'm so happy you & your family enjoyed it...I think this may be the very first compliment I've ever received that's food related...hahaha

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Bob wrote:
Thanks for the recipe Duchess. ....Bob
You are very welcome, Bob...I hope you like it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

My friends are never going to believe that I am participating in a food forum & getting compliments.

·
Registered
29 Posts
imported post

i make sloppy joes at least 2 a month.i put rotells in, it spices it up a bit.mccormic packet and ground beef. im getting hungry thinking about it know.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Dosent the soup make it thin? I havent tried a sloppy joe in a long time. thanks Duchess

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

THat sound pretty darn good...I gotta give it a try.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

djpop wrote:
Dosent the soup make it thin?
No, not at all, remember, it's only the soup you are adding, DO NOT add water...The soup gives it a texture similiar to what tomato paste would.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Sloppy Joes are strange here in NJ. They are like a club sandwich, and one layer has the meat and cheese and the other layer has cole slaw and Russian dressing. They sell them in all the deli's around the state. I grew up on the ground beef and sauce versions. They also have a weird meat here called Taylor Ham. I'm not really sure what it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts