Watch Freeks banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just got my Slide Belt. Initial impression is good. Nice canvas although it is slightly smaller width wise than the mission belt. Canvas quality seems to be on par with the Mission belt although when cutting with the same scissors I used on the mission belt to size it there was a lot more loose fuzzies than the Mission.
I was going to do a side by side comparison but my Mission belt buckle just broke. The rivet on the end that you slide in the cut piece of belt came off. No idea where it is. Less than 2 months old, I sent them an e-mail. Hopefully their CS can help me. I will let you know.

In terms of the actual buckle I seem to like the Slide Belt mechanism a little better as well as the plastic grooves that lock the belt into place.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Just got my Slide Belt. Initial impression is good. Nice canvas although it is slightly smaller width wise than the mission belt. Canvas quality seems to be on par with the Mission belt although when cutting with the same scissors I used on the mission belt to size it there was a lot more loose fuzzies than the Mission.
I was going to do a side by side comparison but my Mission belt buckle just broke. The rivet on the end that you slide in the cut piece of belt came off. No idea where it is. Less than 2 months old, I sent them an e-mail. Hopefully their CS can help me. I will let you know.

In terms of the actual buckle I seem to like the Slide Belt mechanism a little better as well as the plastic grooves that lock the belt into place.
Hopefully mine will arrive soon. I did order first...

Your Mission belts don't have the grooves? All of mine do, strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hopefully mine will arrive soon. I did order first...

Your Mission belts don't have the grooves? All of mine do, strange.

No my belt does have the grooves it's just that the slide belt ones seem for lack of a better word,nicer.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Update on the Mission belt buckle issue. Mission Belt responded very fast to my issue and asked that I send picture of issue with the order number. After I did that they replied within the hour that the buckle will be replaced and shipped out within the next couple of days.
Here is a pic of the issue;

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Update on my mission belt buckle issue. Received the replacement today. However, this buckles opening is not as wide and I cannot close it. It took me forever the wriggle the belt into it (and that was after having to trim the sides and it will not close at all. The new one is on the left. I had to send them another e-mail.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
E-mail from mission belt apologizing for the issue. They are sending me a new belt and buckle. Hopefully this one works out but I must say their CS is very good.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I finally got an email from SlideBelt...evidently my color is out of stock.

This is months after my order

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

When I finally received mine (black leather) the quality is very nice. I also greatly prefer the buckle release over the Mission Belt.

However, their order turn-around time could use a lot of improvement.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
When I finally received mine (black leather) the quality is very nice. I also greatly prefer the buckle release over the Mission Belt.

However, their order turn-around time could use a lot of improvement.
please let us know if it holds your pants up-

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts

I sent a follow-up and they did not reply. It's been 10 days. I requested a refund...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts