Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a SlideBelt? It's a belt with no buckle holes and works with a ratcheting mechanism that kind of reminds me of a ratcheting clasp on a watch bracelet.

The prices really aren't bad for a leather belt.

I'm thinking about trying one, but thought I would see if anyone has tried them.

https://www.slidebelts.com/pages/our-story

·
Long Time Member
1,025 Posts
Yup, this is a common system in Asia and I had a couple years ago. The ones I had worked wonderfully but YMMV. BTW, I have a bit of a belly so don't be worried that it may only work on skinny folks :p .

·
Premium Member
24,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have a few mission canvas belts. I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have to cut them or do they come in sizes? I was looking at the slide belt ones but they are all 48 inch and I was told by CS you had to cut them (preferably with high end scissors) and then burn the end. I do not see any canvas options on the Mission site.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have to cut them or do they come in sizes? I was looking at the slide belt ones but they are all 48 inch and I was told by CS you had to cut them (preferably with high end scissors) and then burn the end. I do not see any canvas options on the Mission site.

You may have to cut if it is too long or you have too much tongue hanging past the buckle. You don't see the cut because it gets hidden in the buckle. Interesting comment about burning the end. Was that Mission or Slidebelt? I wouldn't think you would need to do that with Slidebelt because they claim there's is leather with no filler/padding.

Here is some info from the Mission site that shows the process of how you cut and fit it in the buckle (no instruction to burn). The SlideBelt works the same way.
http://missionbelt.com/pages/too-big

I think the "canvas" on Mission is the Nylon betls: http://missionbelt.com/collections/nylon-collection

Are you going to order something? I still haven't decided. I'm sure I will at some point, but I'm not in a rush.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You may have to cut if it is too long or you have too much tongue hanging past the buckle. You don't see the cut because it gets hidden in the buckle. Interesting comment about burning the end. Was that Mission or Slidebelt? I wouldn't think you would need to do that with Slidebelt because they claim there's is leather with no filler/padding.

Here is some info from the Mission site that shows the process of how you cut and fit it in the buckle (no instruction to burn). The SlideBelt works the same way.
http://missionbelt.com/pages/too-big

I think the "canvas" on Mission is the Nylon betls: http://missionbelt.com/collections/nylon-collection

Are you going to order something? I still haven't decided. I'm sure I will at some point, but I'm not in a rush.
Slide belts was the one who suggested I cut. Still have not decided due to that fact. In addition am a little concerned about getting a good fit with it in regards to being able to tighten the belt once it is on the waist. Have only seen videos of the process on a table and not actually on a person.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Slide belts was the one who suggested I cut. Still have not decided due to that fact. In addition am a little concerned about getting a good fit with it in regards to being able to tighten the belt once it is on the waist. Have only seen videos of the process on a table and not actually on a person.
UPDATE: If you watch the Mission Belt video to the end it takes you to another video site where there was a guy showing the process on himself. Looks easy enough.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts

They come in basic sizes. I cut mine down a little to remove a little of the extra tail. You do this at the buckle.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
The mechanism of the buckles is different. I'll have to order the Slide to check it out... They are more expensive, so we'll see if there is any difference in quality

·
4,210 Posts
Or you Freeks could cut out the guess work and buy "galouses" Aka
suspenders. Do they still sell em?

The final (and worse, IMO) opion. Buy overalls. Man how I hated
wearin overalls. All my town buddies called me "Sodbuster" "Digger
Boy" or "Hay Seed". Tain't funny raisin cotton on an 80 acre Texas
farm. That's my story an Im sticking to it!!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I just picked up a black canvas mission belt. Works really well however I probably need to cut it down a bit as it goes up to the 2nd loop to the left of my jeans. I order the 42" one and should have opted for the next size down. I have 34" jeans but was worried the smaller size may be too short.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just picked up a black canvas mission belt. Works really well however I probably need to cut it down a bit as it goes up to the 2nd loop to the left of my jeans. I order the 42" one and should have opted for the next size down. I have 34" jeans but was worried the smaller size may be too short.
Good to hear!

What's the canvas like? I was thinking about getting one of those.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.