Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is already covered somewhere else but apart from the bezel colour difference, is there anything else that differs between the Seiko SKX007 and 009??

I have the Seiko 5 SNZF15J, it has the 'Pepsi colours' which I love and the display back is awesome but the SKX models I prefer. Just feel better and prefer the styling.

So is it worth me opting for the 009 or is it literally the bezel that I could swap over?

Or am I being daft and should just stump up the cash for the 009 so I have both in the collection? haha:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The dial color on the 009 is blue and on the 007 it's black. Other than that, they are the same watch. I opted for both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zed073 and ganson

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
The dial color on the 009 is blue and on the 007 it's black. Other than that, they are the same watch. I opted for both

a very dark blue, but it's blue nonetheless (i've got my 009 on right now)

check out seller "3S" (Seiko Specialty Store) on Rakuten. got the 009 on a strap for $123 delivered. i know a few guys that have purchased multiple watches from them and all of us have had good experiences

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I couldn't tell from the pictures if the face was slightly blue or if it was black as well.

Think that's sold it for me though, 009 will be my next purchase. :)

I'll probably order from CreationWatches again as their service has been really impressive. A watch from Singapore to the UK in 3-4 days with free shipping. Also, seems they often have the J watches available which I like the idea of.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Alex, I opted for the 009, yes, the dial is very very dark blue. It is a great watch and I have problems with taking it off to rotate something else! The Lume is great and if you give it a quick charge before bed it will last all night. They seem to all run a few seconds a day slow but well within normal tolerances.
Are you going strap or bracelet? Mine is bracelet and I find it very comfortable.
I'm sure you will enjoy this piece a lot. Then get the 007. Lol
Hope you can find a "J" model, that would be extra cool!
Cheers mate
Derek

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Does the "J" model make a big enough difference to hold out for?

I have two 2nd gen monsters. One is a J.
I find no difference in them.

Now if I had a timegrapher to compare them both then maybe I'd see a difference.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Does the "J" model make a big enough difference to hold out for?

I have two 2nd gen monsters. One is a J.
I find no difference in them.

Now if I had a timegrapher to compare them both then maybe I'd see a difference.

Thanks.
There really isn't any difference.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Wondering the same thing Brian. I know I have heard resale is better on the j model. Wondering if there is any tangible difference in construction. After all resale either way is not netting you a ton. I'd rather take the 50-60 savings up front than the better resale if it's about the same.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Wondering the same thing Brian. I know I have heard resale is better on the j model. Wondering if there is any tangible difference in construction. After all resale either way is not netting you a ton. I'd rather take the 50-60 savings up front than the better resale if it's about the same.

For me it was just a mental difference in getting the J

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
For me it was just a mental difference in getting the J

Follow you there. Just have been asking myself if it's going to be a beater and I'm not going to worry about wearing at the gym or mountain biking do I still need the j.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Follow you there. Just have been asking myself if it's going to be a beater and I'm not going to worry about wearing at the gym or mountain biking do I still need the j.

It's a super watch with or without the mental J

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I don't flip so that's not an issue.

Savings up front is my priority.

But hey I have mental blocks about plenty of things....some say stubborn.

007 & 009 are in my future.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you going strap or bracelet? Mine is bracelet and I find it very comfortable.
I'm sure you will enjoy this piece a lot. Then get the 007. Lol
Hope you can find a "J" model, that would be extra cool!

I do have the 007 and it's one of my absolute favourites and wear it most days.

I'd go for the bracelet again as the one on the 007 seems good enough and is, as you say very very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The J is meaningless. Save your money.
I understand the thought process behind the preference towards the J since it is made in Japan and the perception that it is higher quality standards. No one here would be able to verify whether that is true or not. It could be the other way around. All the times Ive been to Japan the floor workers at the shops Ive been to are ALL from other Asian countries. Since all models (J&K) are made by the same Seiko it stands to reason that they are pretty much all the same. It could even be that the ones made elsewhere are made at more modern factories which were built as Japanese firms expanded their manufacturing out of Japan.

Ive visited factories from many US & foreign companies outside of their home countries and they in many cases they blow away the factories in the home country because they are built from the ground up in one shot and not peice meal like many factories are that have been around for 50 or more years. Plus the equipment in all these newer factories are much better than the ones found in older factories using the Latest technology.

Now if we are talking hand built watches like the ones built at Seiko-Epson micro studio then no way. It would have to be a J! ofcourse they wouldnt have it any other way.

But as was mentioned before and I fall into this too. The mental perception is sometimes hard to replace with reality.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be totally honest I've not given the J models any more thought than thinking they were pretty cool haha

I'd imagine if they're built to a certain spec they're probably all pretty similar quality wise if not identical.

It's not a deal breaker by any means, if the option is there and only a few ££ more I'll opt for a J model.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts