Watch Freeks banner

Sinn - U1

8K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  IVXX 
#1 ·
imported post

Picked this up last week from Steve, Flyskate, at DWC thanks to Trevor who was on the look out for me.
The first thing about the watch that draws my eyes is the black dial with white and red hands, nothing extra or shinny..simple and beautiful! I really like the color and finish of the steel case and bracelet. Glad to finally have this on the wrist..feels good!

See less See more
#7 ·
imported post

is this watch a dive watch? what type of depth does it handle? great lum also.

#9 ·
imported post

liquid wrote:
is this watch a dive watch? what type of depth does it handle? great lum also.
Yes it is.

• Case diameter (mm): 44.0• Case thickness (mm): 14.3• Case metal: Submarine steel• Case back: Solid• Tegimented: Bezel only

The technology and design elements used to create the Sinn U1 go far beyond standards used at most watch companies.

The U1 case is made from the same steel that is also used in the construction of the outer hull of submarines. The steel was procured by Sinn from a steel supplier to Emden GmbH, one of Germany’s North Sea shipbuilding yards who construct submarines from the very same steel. This special steel is also amagnetic which means that is does not have magnetic properties and cannot itself become magnetized. The watch movement itself is protected from magnetic fields up to 4,800 A/m.

Because of the special steel used from the submarine steel manufacturer, the case resists the effects of exposure to salt water and salt water environments.

The uni-directional ratchet operated rotating bezel is also milled from this submarine steel and is Tegimented. The indices are machined directly into the bezel without the use of bezel inserts, which can corrode or come loose at deep depths. The international testing lab of Germanischen Lloyd has tested the U1, and determined that the watch can be certified as water resistant to 1,000 meters. This same firm tests submarines for their ability to withstand the effects of underwater use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.