Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was looking at my collection the other day and realized that it needed something different in it. I was getting bored with big, huge, dive watches. I really wanted something that looked and wore different than everything else I had. I was searching through watchbuys for some German watches and came across this Sinn. It's got the cleanest and easiest to read dial of all my watches, and it's 38.5mm. Now I know what you guys are thinking .... WTF, 38.5mm? Yea, I realize this is a forum where 50mm watches reign supreme, but trust me it isn't as bad as it sounds. This watch is all dial and 38.5 ... ok, let's just say 39mm, wears pretty normal. WHen I first put it on it seemed almost non existant and looked strange. However, when I looked at it in the mirror it looked absolutely normal. Regardless, it's a fine piece of craftsmanship with a gloss dial, display back, and gold engraved rotor. Hell, there are even some blue screws in there. One thing is certain ... those crazy Germans make a fine watch. It kind of has a Rolex Explorer feel to it. Small, tough (200m W/R with a screw down crown) and easy to read at a glance. I wouldn't want a watch box full of 38.5mm watches, but one or two won't kill me. I like this one ..... a LOT. Oh yea, and the best part is that it costs under $900 new from an AD.

On rubber ...

On a Hirsch Traveler leather strap ....

Crappy lume shot but you get the idea ....

~ David

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Hi David
First off there are MANY of us with MANY watches below 50mm, lol.

CONGRATS on your new watch. It is very sharp looking and very nice. I am sure it will get a ton of wrist time!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Very sweet watch. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Like Jimmy Swaggert, "I'm a SINNER"! Unfortunately, I don't own one, yet...

That watch is gorgeous and I am almost completely past my 50mm phase... The 47mm Oris is as big as I need to go and I prefer 44mm, actually.

I would ABSOLUTELY wear that watch, so if you ever "graduate" to the big boy watches, please let me know. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if you caught me with the funds, LOL.

If 2010 shapes up for me in the way I hope it will, a SINN is definitely on the short list.

Awesome watch.

David

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Like Jimmy Swaggert, "I'm a SINNER"! Unfortunately, I don't own one, yet...

That watch is gorgeous and I am almost completely past my 50mm phase... The 47mm Oris is as big as I need to go and I prefer 44mm, actually.

I would ABSOLUTELY wear that watch, so if you ever "graduate" to the big boy watches, please let me know. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if you caught me with the funds, LOL.

If 2010 shapes up for me in the way I hope it will, a SINN is definitely on the short list.

Awesome watch.

David
David - does that mean you are ready to send me your 47mm Oris because it is "just to large for you", lol. I'll PM you my address now! :)

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I have some large watches but most are between 44mm and 48mm. I also have some smaller ones that I dont wear often The picture of yours looks to be a nice clean watch. enjoy it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
Nice Sinn David.I don't think watchbuys is even selling that model now.one of sinns best values.
It shipped 2nd day air. The day I received it, it quit showing up on the watchbuys site. It said out of stock. I don't know if they remove the ad when they are temporarily out or if they quit selling it. Either way, I guess I got lucky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.