Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love it when you do deals with fellow forum members..always works like a charm. Thx BigJamesDean for the simple transaction. It did arrive today and looks awesome!
Here is a few quick shots and a few comments,

Far better in person than pics for sure
I actually have a good fit on the OEM strap but i have heard many complaints about the strap and how it sits..Maybe its because i have smaller wrists, not sure but it is very comfortable
I stuck the tegimented bracelet on and its a whole other beast, only thing thats odd is how the bracelet sits on top of the end of the lugs not allowing the bracelet to swing beneath the lugs.
Lume is really strong
I love the center mounted airplane minute Chrono hand, very nice change of pace
The finishing is just beautiful between the tegimented sun ray pattern and the high polish bits, really pops.

I love having a vintage looking watch but with modern guts etc, pretty damn cool.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Grand Slam Homerun, a Hat trick and a Super Bowl winning Touchdown, all rolled into one!

As for the leather strap, I had a similar one on my U1, it was a Di-Modello I think Sinn uses this company to make their OEM straps.

The strap was of excellent quality, but I just could never get it to fit right on my wrist, one hole setting was too loose the watch would ride up off of my wrist, the next tighter hole would literally require me to pull the strap so hard I was afraid it would break a push pin. It would be nice and tight then, allowing the watch to sit low on my wrist, problem was, after a few hours it became too tight. If you have one that fits just right, Bravo!

Ended up flipping the U1 and the strap.

Reactions: ericf4

·
Senior Novice
3,665 Posts
I love it when you do deals with fellow forum members..always works like a charm. Thx BigJamesDean for the simple transaction.

If this makes sense Your comment strikes like wise counsel. While you can find knuckleheads selling junk on any forum, it's good to know This One (WF). This of Yours is a great comment. Thank You. (For clarity i've never known of a knucklehead selling junk here, i'm not so good with the words out coming right thingy often) Great Comment is all.

·
Super Moderator
20,154 Posts
That is something Eric ! :smileyface_hand_cla The watch really takes you back with the mix of colors, and accents on the dial. The shape, and design of the case is spectacular also. It works perfect on the strap which sets off the dial in such a terrific way. Then on the bracelet, you notice more of the angles, and edges of the case more. Yowza Eric, what a pick up ! Huge congratulations sir !!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.