Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I will say I am very impressed with the box, I own Three different boxes and a 4 slot watch winder with an additional 10 slot SWI box as well. I actually like this box much better then even the SkyMall type box, it holds 21 watches, rings and my bracelets and takes up a hell of a lot les space. It will Not house the Venom though they are too tall, but it will house a RD side by side without touching. very nice piece I am kicking myself for not buying more. When these go back on sale I will be replacing all my watch boxes with these.

I dont and wont have Pix until I get my PC back, so dont ask TV!!!:lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I will say I am very impressed with the box, I own Three different boxes and a 4 slot watch winder with an additional 10 slot SWI box as well. I actually like this box much better then even the SkyMall type box, it holds 21 watches, rings and my bracelets and takes up a hell of a lot les space. It will Not house the Venom though they are too tall, but it will house a RD side by side without touching. very nice piece I am kicking myself for not buying more. When these go back on sale I will be replacing all my watch boxes with these.

:pic

(I had to do it, lol)

Ron - does it hold your SAS with no problems? Pretty close to Venom in height.
While my Skymall box does hold every watch width wise, it also has some issues with watches that are really really tall, so I have removed some of the stuffing in the pillows and that solved the problem completely. Couldn't you do that with the Venom.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

Yes I agree - I love mine as well. It holds all of mine except the Vendom and that fits very nicely in my winder box storage section.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

:pic

(I had to do it, lol)

Ron - does it hold your SAS with no problems? Pretty close to Venom in height.
While my Skymall box does hold every watch width wise, it also has some issues with watches that are really really tall, so I have removed some of the stuffing in the pillows and that solved the problem completely. Couldn't you do that with the Venom.
Yes the SAS seems too be fine, I think the issue is the bracelet on the venom does not allow it to flex so the height of the venom oisnt so much the case but the overall height from clasp to crystall!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I think Jim sayed next time the Sicuro boxes will have the glass doors and the SS Venom wont hardly fit in any box except the new Invicta boxes, unless you lay them down, thats cool with me.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I told my wife I wanted that for X-mas too, but I don't think sje ordered it as I didn't see anything from Shop in our email confirming any orders...LOL

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

You know Current my whole Fabrication life, I have always tried to find a way to hide hinges or excentuate them. The brass chap piano style hinge just looks cheesy!!!

CurrentTime wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
The only thing I am not a huge fan of if the brass hinges, but I dont see another way!

CurrentTime wrote:
Congrats on the tower! It looked like a quality piece!
Do you dislike brass for the design, the looks (color), or the strength?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I understand! That's a shame. I guess you're saying that some custom hinges wouldn't work any better?

RipitRon wrote:
You know Current my whole Fabrication life, I have always tried to find a way to hide hinges or excentuate them. The brass chap piano style hinge just looks cheesy!!!

CurrentTime wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
The only thing I am not a huge fan of if the brass hinges, but I dont see another way!

CurrentTime wrote:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

No place too mount them, I looked at the construction and there is no way so a real nice quality hinge would have better! A side of that it is a nice box, and a great design. Taking up so much less counter space is a Huuuuuuuuge plus!

CurrentTime wrote:
I understand! That's a shame. I guess you're saying that some custom hinges wouldn't work any better?

RipitRon wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.