Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Very nice looking watch. I like that blue color. I've never owned a watch with that color, but this is certainly one that could end up on my list.

Reactions: sdwalt

·
Registered
915 Posts
Gotta luv the lume. What a great looking watch.. Proud to be a NFW fan and owner of a few of Georges creations.

·
Registered
418 Posts
NFW Quality!

I hope you could give us a bit of feedback on it when you get around to it. It really looks beautiful, and the luminosity looks like a lasts a while. What are your first impressions? Fit, feel, weight, ergonomics, movement accuracy? What did the box come with? Did you read the Shumate bio (I had some input in that, as I worked for SGM Shumate's son in the past, so I'm curious how you liked it)?

I'm not as lucky as you, so I don't have one at this time. However, here are some consolation pics of what I do have from NFW:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yours is coming soon, my friend! For some models we only received a few watches so far with the bulk of our shipment arriving on Tuesday!

Regarding the OP:
Thanks for the great pics, Mr. Haven't Got A Clue (LOL, I love your email address and remember when we had a conversation about that a few years ago!).

I hope you could give us a bit of feedback on it when you get around to it. It really looks beautiful, and the luminosity looks like a lasts a while. What are your first impressions? Fit, feel, weight, ergonomics, movement accuracy? What did the box come with? Did you read the Shumate bio (I had some input in that, as I worked for SGM Shumate's son in the past, so I'm curious how you liked it)?

I'm not as lucky as you, so I don't have one at this time. However, here are some consolation pics of what I do have from NFW:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm not well versed in review-ese but I'll give it a whirl....... Let's start with the box. I don't currently have any to compare it to but it seems a little bigger than the NFW boxes I've had in the past and possibly a little better quality also, stronger. Shumate logo on top, nice touch. The inside of the box is a total upgrade with three slots/compartments. Middle for the watch, right for the tools and left for the strap. high quality leather strap and four tools included.

As for build quality I couldn't be more pleased. It's got a nice heft but not overly heavy, feels like you're wearing something but is easily forgotten, like it's always been there. The construction of the bracelet, case, case back and bezel are what you'd expect from a watch costing several hundred dollars more. Bezel action is extremely smooth. The brushed finish is fine, smooth and silky. Brushed ceramic
bezel inlay compliments the package nicely, not shiney and flashy but still eye catching.

The lume....... The lume..... The lume!!!! The original description said it was an enamel dial, didn't mention it was lumed up. Lume lights up bright and lasts all night. Lume it up at bedtime and at 5am you can open your eyes and read the time. Granted it's not the torch it was when you charge it up but it's still easily readable.

I wore the watch from the day I got it till last night 24hrs a day. On the wrist it runs at +5seconds per 24hrs. Sweet......

Read and enjoyed the bio. Great stuff. Backstory is amazing.

Overall winner, especially at the price point. Minus $100 cause I was smart enough to preorder:smile-thumb2:

O yeah..... Yes George, I'm still clueless....... LOL!!!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice review!! You're better at it than you think!! Thanks for sharing your impressions. I ordered the DLC Auto version, but have yet to see my invoice for the balance due :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not well versed in review-ese but I'll give it a whirl....... Let's start with the box. I don't currently have any to compare it to but it seems a little bigger than the NFW boxes I've had in the past and possibly a little better quality also, stronger. Shumate logo on top, nice touch. The inside of the box is a total upgrade with three slots/compartments. Middle for the watch, right for the tools and left for the strap. high quality leather strap and four tools included.

As for build quality I couldn't be more pleased. It's got a nice heft but not overly heavy, feels like you're wearing something but is easily forgotten, like it's always been there. The construction of the bracelet, case, case back and bezel are what you'd expect from a watch costing several hundred dollars more. Bezel action is extremely smooth. The brushed finish is fine, smooth and silky. Brushed ceramic
bezel inlay compliments the package nicely, not shiney and flashy but still eye catching.

The lume....... The lume..... The lume!!!! The original description said it was an enamel dial, didn't mention it was lumed up. Lume lights up bright and lasts all night. Lume it up at bedtime and at 5am you can open your eyes and read the time. Granted it's not the torch it was when you charge it up but it's still easily readable.

I wore the watch from the day I got it till last night 24hrs a day. On the wrist it runs at +5seconds per 24hrs. Sweet......

Read and enjoyed the bio. Great stuff. Backstory is amazing.

Overall winner, especially at the price point. Minus $100 cause I was smart enough to preorder:smile-thumb2:

O yeah..... Yes George, I'm still clueless....... LOL!!!
Excellent review! Thanks!

I've seen quite a few posts with pictures -- and I appreciate them all -- but, this kind of feedback is what is really useful for potential buyers. I think this watch will become the "flagship" for NFW in the future. Thanks again!

:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!! Writing that mini review was actually kinda fun.

Reactions: mika9090

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Nice review bro. I know these guys put a lot of effort into the reviews, and yours was no slouch of a job by any means.
I see blue letters for you screen name in the future if you don't knock this off :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice review bro. I know these guys put a lot of effort into the reviews, and yours was no slouch of a job by any means.
I see blue letters for you screen name in the future if you don't knock this off :)

Thanks! No blue for me.....those guys work too hard!!!

Reactions: mika9090

·
Registered
239 Posts
Late to the party, but i think that is the sickest looking one of the bunch George put out. Excellent choice and hope you have been wearing it well and often

1 - 18 of 18 Posts