Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Back to the Danelectro 64 for a second id I can, I just now noticed, Is that a roller bridge on the guitar???

And I must say WHAT A AMAZING COLLECTION of guitars you have!!! How many more guitars like those do you have in your collection???

I mean I only have the one guitar (for the moment) so I can't imagine what it's like to have so many great guitars to chose from?
Thanks for the compliments - My Danelectro's bridge (they make changes sometimes) is a tune-o-matic style on rollers, pretty run of the mill though.

I have a few more guitars and a bass or two. I'll have to grab them when I'm back in the studio and take pics.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks for the compliments - My Danelectro's bridge (they make changes sometimes) is a tune-o-matic style on rollers, pretty run of the mill though.

I have a few more guitars and a bass or two. I'll have to grab them when I'm back in the studio and take pics.
Well a tune-o-matic style is pretty run of the mill but not one with rollers built-into it...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well a tune-o-matic style is pretty run of the mill but not one with rollers built-into it...
In my experience roller bridges often have come hand in hand with Bigsby units. And on this unusual Yamaha I recently sold, it had a roller bridge too even though it was a Fender-like unit (I unscrewed the trem arm and never used it). Basically an over-engineered tune-o-matic with adjustable wheels instead of notched saddles.

This weird thing, which was remarkably well-built. The only pics I have of it:

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my experience roller bridges often have come hand in hand with Bigsby units. And on this unusual Yamaha I recently sold, it had a roller bridge too even though it was a Fender-like unit (I unscrewed the trem arm and never used it). Basically an over-engineered tune-o-matic with adjustable wheels instead of notched saddles.

This weird thing, which was remarkably well-built. The only pics I have of it:

That's why that roller bridge is somewhat new to me, I've never had a guitar with a Bigsby and I haven't known anyone who had one, But what I have seen tons of are the Les Pauls, SG's, the 335's and all the want-ta-be guitars that had the regular old tune-o-matic type bridge...

Is that a banana neck headstock on that guitar? It sure looks like one?

And that is a Yamaha??? I've never seen such a beast!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got a new guitar stand I really like a lot, Have you seen these, It a Zither Wooden Guitar Stand...
I haven’t seen that one, no. In the studio I have a padded rack that holds maybe 7 guitars, but at home they’re generally all hanging up on the wall. Because I have kids ;-).

·
Registered
458 Posts
I haven’t seen that one, no. In the studio I have a padded rack that holds maybe 7 guitars, but at home they’re generally all hanging up on the wall. Because I have kids ;-).
I like it because it has a small foot print and it keeps my guitar at arms reach, After I got it I find myself playing much more often, but that could also just be the new guitar? lol

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I bought that black Yamaha for about $400 new and when I sold it on eBay to my amazement it brought in just under $2,000. I didn't know at the time but it was the exact model and color of guitar that Dr. Who owned and played in the show.

·
Registered
458 Posts
On second thought, this isn't mine but worth seeing. Late 1950s Rickenbacker 345. Giant "TV" knobs and all:

That has the very same finish and type of wood body my solid body Ovation had! They both look like they were cut from the same cloth! :smile-thumb2:

I wish I still had pictures of it but they were all lost from a ransom ware attack I got some years ago... That was a bad day...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts