Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post a picture or two showing us where you call home. Might want to include a few details of interest about your surroundings. We'll be able to peek into parts of this world that we might not ever see.

Thanks to Frans (GoodWatch) for inspiring this thread.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Home for me is in a town by the name of Grimsby (Ontario, Canada), a bedroom community of 30,000. It’s on the south shore of Lake Ontario half way between the city of Hamilton & Niagara Falls. We’re about a 35 minute drive to the Canada / USA border.

The most predominant feature here is the Niagara Escarpment. Essentially, it’s a ridge of land, (cliff) or sudden change in elevation. It runs from New York State up and around the west end of Lake Ontario & north for 725 kilometres (450 miles) It reaches a height of 335 metres (1100 feet) in some spots. The most famous point of the escarpment is Niagara Falls. Water cascades over the falls at a flow rate of 2,400 m³/s (84,756 ft³/s).

I reside at the foot of this escarpment. It provides a magnificent view, change in colour in the fall as well as an unusual climate that makes this region world renowned for wine making.

Views from my front porch ...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Louisville, KY.....not too big, not too small, just right for me. On the banks of the mighty Ohio River.

Home of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, known as the fastest 2 minutes in sports.

Home of the Louisville Slugger.

Also home of the Belle of Louisville. One of the oldest active riverboats.

Home of me.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Grand Rapids Michigan

This is the city I live in but I live a good deal west of this city of 193,000 and the home of President Gerald R. Ford. Also known as the furniture capital of the world and the home of many micro breweries. We also have a thriving economy!

Our Condo is in a very pleasant gated community,no yard work to do gives me more time for vacations and my hobbies.

The beautiful freshwater beaches of Lake Michigan are just a short drive away!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I live in Oregon - And thanks for not staying here......

My place -

My second home -

And a few reasons why Oregon is great - The bells at Mt. Angel Abbey

Timberline Lodge

Local lake with grandkids

And the Oregon coast -

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan as well. Just like Howard! We're neighbors! I'm in Grand Rapids proper, a neighborhood called Alger Heights. Good mix of folks here.

Some photos from Wikipedia:

The home on the second row is a Frank Lloyd Wright home! I haven't toured it yet, and I desperately need to! It is the Mayer May House: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_May_House

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Grand Rapids Michigan

This is the city I live in but I live a good deal west of this city of 193,000 and the home of President Gerald R. Ford. Also known as the furniture capital of the world and the home of many micro breweries. We also have a thriving economy!n ...
Hey Charles, just curious, what town/city are you actually in? And, Network is a great film!!!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hey Charles, just curious, what town/city are you actually in? And, Network is a great film!!!
Hey bro...I live on the "upper west side" of GR between GR and Standale.
I've been a fan of Network since it first came out,it's a very timeless and prophetic film that's very applicable to today's reality. Now I must go and make my witness :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Ottawa Ontario Canada.
Population 1 million.

2017 will see Canada celebrating it's 150th birthday and Ottawa has plenty
of things planned to celebrate the occasion.

I was born here 62 years ago and I'm still here.

Being the capital of Canada the federal government is the biggest employer.
It also has a number of high-tech companies that call it home.

Ottawa also has the highest standard of living in the nation and low unemployment.
It ranked second out of 150 worldwide in the Numbeo quality of life index 2014-2015,
and it contains a UNESCO World Heritage Site(Rideau Canal).

We have 4 very distinct seasons. Highs in the mid 90's during the summer and lows in the
-30's in the winter, thus the Rideau Canal becomes the world's longest skating rink.

There are plenty of museums and an outstanding National Gallery.

National Gallery

Tulip Festival is held every spring.

Winterlude ice sculptures.

The view from my front porch.

My neighbourhood.

This is the part I'm not too fond of.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Great idea. I need to take a picture when I get home.

I'm in binbrook Ontario. Small Suburb just south of Hamilton. A ton of young families. Was a great starter home for a first time buyer.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great idea. I need to take a picture when I get home.

I'm in binbrook Ontario. Small Suburb just south of Hamilton. A ton of young families. Was a great starter home for a first time buyer.
GL, fine communitee in which you live. Growing like mad though. I'm there almost every week as I have many friends there & we own an investment property there. Is there a gas station in town yet?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I live just south of West Palm Beach, FL in Lake Worth, FL. Been here since 1959 when I was just 12 y.o.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow! You guys live in some amazingly beautiful places!!!!!

My central-Wisconsin town is very small and simple, but we are a university town, and it's a great place to raise a family. LOTS of activities for families to be involved in, and plenty of charming little nooks and crannies to explore and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts