Watch Freeks banner

Should I purchase the Accutron VX-200 (ETA 2824-2) for $344?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have never done this before, but I would like to ask my fellow WF's for some assistance in making a decision on whether I should buy the aforementioned watch. I have wanted this piece for some time, but I was hoping to get it for less then $300. This same watch sold for $249 in 2007 however it has since been discontinued. What do all of you think of this watch and do you think it is worth it at the asking price? I have attached a poll. Please mark YES or NO and then if you could provide any information as to why you answered the way you did it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to take this poll. It will help me out greatly.

Watchguru58

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

it is a nice watch and obviously you are paying a little more for the swiss movement. You will never hear me tell someone not to buy a watch they want and it sounds like you have wanted this one for a while.

I searched around hard and you are correct that the best price I could find was $344 you mentioned above.

I would offer this one question that might help you make your decision. Are there 2 (two) $175 watches you also want as badly right now? If the answer is yes, then you might want to consider the 2 watches for the same money. If the answer is no and this is the one watch on your "hit list" right now - then get it!!!

:)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

I have the chrono vesion and I love it...never wear it but love it!!!! WELL MADE FOR SURE!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i voted no although this is a matter of personal preference

i am a PRO-DIVER nut so -yes i like the watch it is a classic PD design looks very nice and the bracelet looks exceptional

with that said - unless you require a swiss movement -i would say you can find a PD watch for well under $344

i am not movement specific but i do prefer auto's - you can find a nice looking auto with a miyota movement any day for well under $344

if you are specifically looking for a swiss movement auto then i would say it is a fair price maybe you can find one for less but you can also find them higher so i dont think the price is off base

if this specific watch id required -then go for it

as i said in the beggining -this is a personal pref

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

IMHO . . . the price is too high. I only write this (as you've mentioned) that this model has sold for less. I bought the blue dial version about 18 months ago and paid well under $300, then (I think around $250).

I might be out of touch in terms of availability, and the price you've quoted may be totally realistic, but my first impression is that it's "a bit high".

I'm not sure what the policy is on direct links to eBay, but search for item #160375115156 to see if this has any interest to you.

I like this model enough to tell you to definitely snag one, I just would like to see you get a good deal. :)

This was what I bought . . .

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I didn't vote...

Try to snipe that auction for the one day old watch at $344, if your high bid wins, you saved a few bucks. I won't bid against you.

It's amazing that it's at the Schnoop 2007 price, no? That one took a long time to arrive, even by USPS standards...

David

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

If being thrifty is of importance then no, if you want it and it is a little higher but you dont care then grab it. I am a now guy and dont have a problem paying a bit more for something I want, so this will all depend on you and how you function!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for everybodys input. I'm still sitting on the fence for now. I have a hard time spending that much money on any watch. I really like it, but I will have to continue and think about it.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Sorry WG, late to the party...........for me it seems a little "spendy" for the piece.
My thought is that if you really, really like it and the money is not the issue......buy it:)

Watchguru58 wrote:
Thanks for everybodys input. I'm still sitting on the fence for now. I have a hard time spending that much money on any watch. I really like it, but I will have to continue and think about it.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Voted not a big fan of the watch looks. Remember you have to be happy with your purchases and that is what is truly important.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Yes Please do,

and send it to Tera-Ram, 1073 Shawhan...

Awww, C'Mon Man! You don't really need another watch do you?

JK LOL

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

You know what?

If you really wanted it you would have had it by now.

Price be damned.

Do you want the watch or just a good deal?

There's the kicker.

·
Registered
238 Posts
imported post

Nice watch, but if you're needing others to convince you to buy it, you really don't want it that bad. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

I have decided to hold off on buying the Accutron for now. Many of you may have seen my new thread involving another watch purchase I made today. I am doing an experiment to test the standards on a Chinese made automatic. Please refer to my thread entitled BUZZ MECANIQUE. I payed about $300 less for the Chinese made watch. I will update that post with photos and tests run on the BUZZ watch. Thanks for reading....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts