1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Should I go for it? Another 5% off...

Overstock's price (1 year warranty) $997

Authentic Watches best deal (3 year warranty) $1100 + change (Like 1147 +/-)

Y'all think the extra warranty is worth $150?

or do you think I can find a better deal?

Help ME FREEKS!!!

David:b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

exactly which model are you looking for and I will search, but please list exact model, and pic if you have one.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi David, I would be careful that the warranty you purchase from a third party and the Oris warranty do not cover the same period of time. Also, when spending the amount of money that this watch will cost you, I would make sure you trust the seller (store). Just a couple of thoughts. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bob wrote:
Hi David, I would be careful that the warranty you purchase from a third party and the Oris warranty do not cover the same period of time. Also, when spending the amount of money that this watch will cost you, I would make sure you trust the seller (store). Just a couple of thoughts. ....Bob
I hear you, Bob. AD will charge a LOT more... Both authentic and Overstock are grey market. Oris does NOT allow dealers to advertise discounts, and none sell (directly) on the web...

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Wow Bob!! We really do need to start a club!
I was thinking the same things. I was going to add if it is a third party warranty to read the fine print and find out as much as you can about the company. Remember, insurance is not designed to help you but to make the insurance company money........

CJ

Bob wrote:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I was thinking the same things. I was going to add if it is a third party warranty to read the fine print and find out as much as you can about the company. Remember, insurance is not designed to help you but to make the insurance company money........

CJ

Bob wrote:
So you'd want an INVICTA warranty over a store warranty...:%:lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:

Help ME FREEKS!!!
I just searched around and I think OVERSTOCK is the best price because their 4 YEAR protection plan is $99, which means their price is the same 1100, but for 4 years. I am not sure what the overstock service plan is, but if they will replace/fix any issues then that is the better deal.

argabright I just PM'd you back also.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:

Help ME FREEKS!!!

Overstock.com is a local company here in Utah. They are very reputable and I'm sure would deal with you fairly. I've never heard anything negative about them around the Utah area. I know people that work there and they take care of their employees. I have purchased several watches from them with no problems. That's a beautiful watch and at a great price. If you have the money I would jump on it. Overstock.com gets their merchandise from other AD's who over-order a product and then can't sell it. They buy the overstock at a reduced price and then sell it to the consumer for a profit. You will not get a knock-off from them.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
argabright wrote:

Help ME FREEKS!!!

Overstock.com is a local company here in Utah. They are very reputable and I'm sure would deal with you fairly. I've never heard anything negative about them around the Utah area. I know people that work there and they take care of their employees. I have purchased several watches from them with no problems. That's a beautiful watch and at a great price. If you have the money I would jump on it. Overstock.com gets their merchandise from other AD's who over-order a product and then can't sell it. They buy the overstock at a reduced price and then sell it to the consumer for a profit. You will not get a knock-off from them.
You know me, I certainly don't have the money, but will probably do it anyway:lol
I returned the Accutron and the Swiss Wave Diver. PLUS I sold my motorcycle, so this will be my "self-gift" if I do it.

I have been satisfied with Overstock and also think the extra warranty is probably worth it. The CS guy said they have a network of Authorized service centers.

Thanks Freeks!

David

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
argabright For that money I would wait for the Viperfish or go for the Deep Blue but thats me.
those are both watches I really want, but they are not an Oris.....

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
argabright wrote:

Help ME FREEKS!!!

You know me, I certainly don't have the money, but will probably do it anyway:lol
I returned the Accutron and the Swiss Wave Diver. PLUS I sold my motorcycle, so this will be my "self-gift" if I do it.

I have been satisfied with Overstock and also think the extra warranty is probably worth it. The CS guy said they have a network of Authorized service centers.

Thanks Freeks!

David
David,

I would go for it. That is a true collectors piece and I think you will regret it if you don't pull the trigger. This is a watch that won't depreciate. This will definitely make up for the bum Accutron you got. Do it and let me know when it arrives. If I had the money I would be all over it. The sale ends in5 hours and 20 minutes MST.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

OUCH!!!:WW

CJ LOL

argabright wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ

Bob wrote:
So you'd want an INVICTA warranty over a store warranty...:%:lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Nothing like an Invicta Warranty. The best thing about the warranty is that by the time you get the watch back it will be like getting a whole new watch again. I say this because after 3-4 months one forgets they even owned it Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I tried on that EXACT watch and the orange version of it that I was at Tourneau last month at the GGT in PA. It is an AMAZING WATCH. The shape of the case is very unique. the look is also unique. As mentioned that was WILL STILL BE WORTH $1000 IN A YEAR, 2 YEARS and beyond.

Sounds like you have the money basically from some other watches you have returned and the bike sale.

I am the watch pusher and I say GO FOR IT!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.