Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an impulse buy but when you see the price you'll know why.

As always I stop at the jewelery counter at TJ Maxx staring right in the face was a cool Pulsar Chrono. Even though I am not a fan of the brand and haven't considered one in years it looked great, tried it on and bought it ASAP.

45mm SS ion plated case with a silicon strap, running on a Hattori Japanese VD53 movement. (I do not know much about Hattori but they are $29.00 just for the movement at Esslinger)

HOW CAN YOU BEAT THE PRICE! I think I would have bought it just because it was dirt cheap! LOL

The original price was $59.99. MSRP $185.00 This is a big discount way more than usual.

Reactions: zed073

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,890 Posts
Hell, I paid $15 to put a battery in one of my Skagens just last week. Can't go wrong with that price!

Congrats!

·
Long Time Member
994 Posts
Congrats!

What a deal!

:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Oh my ... ! I think that's a really GREAT looking watch, and for that price?! You had to!

I've noticed that the TJ Maxx jewelry case is worth browsing, too, but I haven't bought anything from there yet. I'll have to pop in there soon. I wonder if they're looking to clear out some merchandise, because they practically gave that one away to you. I'd like to get in on some of that!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
3,979 Posts
Jeff:
Pretty nice pickup. Have only one Pulsar in my collection
OK but nuthin to write home about
Good luck on your purchase

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going back out today by myself. I made the mistake going shopping with a friend who just is not a shopper. I would have hit the three or four stores near by to look for pillows and cases but my friend is one of those guys who goes in gets what he wants and leaves without even as much as looking at a price tag. IMO he over paid for everything he got. No one likes to shop with me not even women, I have been called a marathon shopper because I can make a day of it. My luck I'll be at the counter again looking for watches because they told me they just got a shippment in and it would be out today. I won't lie it's why I'm going back out today. LOL I do not really need pillows but I like to get new ones 3 or 4 times a year.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice find! I always check the jewelry counter at my local TJ Maxx when I go there (maybe 4-6 times per year - I don't like to shop much), but I have never come across any good buys.

·
Super Moderator
14,708 Posts
John, yowza ! Great get ! :smile-thumb2:Not really sure what's more amazing here. ..The price, or the design you get for that price ! :eek: Honestly if you look at the watch, it has this super sleek, and well thought out design from the case, and strap, and how they mesh. To the 3D dial, and accents it has. It's pretty remarkable actually ! Congratulations John ! Keep enjoying !!!

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
That looks great, love the blue lume. Regrettably i passed on a very comfortable Zodiac Oceanaire auto/black&orange $250ish last July. i just might stop there after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wore the watch twice now, I have to say it's a nice watch even if I spent the $59.99 it would have been nice. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Pulsar if one came up. I like this one,

http://www.pulsarwatchesusa.com/watches/gender/mens

I hit every TJ Maxx in my travels I will not pass by a single one I am lucky enough to have 7 no more than ten min from me another 7 or 8 within 3o min of me. LOL I go to the few nearby so much the staff knows me by name and points out watches they think I might like or what they have on clearance. The best way to find the deals is to stop by frequently. I do a lot of traveling for the restaurant because I am in charge of the catering I always Google the area and check for TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I have been starting to visit Nordstrom Rack and Saks off 5th looking for deals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts