Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I gave the Shogun a couple of day trial, and I went to bed with the watch running +4 and awoke with it running -7 that was it!

Bracelet didn't fit all that well, even out to the last micro-adjustment hole, the Sub look in black and white wasn't ringing my bell, and my head just couldn't wrap itself around the titanium weight, the watch felt cheap and flimsy, even though it is just the opposite.

The Japanese vendor also told me it was going to be weeks before they could get an extra link for the bracelet.

Sent it back, and for $500 less I ordered the BLUMO, I like the stunning blue dial and bezel and the case work on this one, I have also heard that it will fit up to an 8.5" wrist. Even if it doesn't I have a nice heavy Strap Code Mesh Bracelet waiting for hit.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You should have bought the apple watch!!!

Just joking

Shogun is definitely not for everyone. I loved it at first then had mixed feelings and now I love it again and I feel confident it will stay that way. The Sumo is more bang for the buck but I still would rather the Shogun. Actually Id rather both but all my money is going to other projects.

You cant go wrong either way.

congrats!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Titanium does feel very different on the wrist when you are used to the relative heft of stainless steel. Like has been mentioned they do sound and wear different on the wrist. I have 3 TI's in my rotation at the moment, they took a little getting useful to but I love them.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Excellent choice.

The only reason I do not still have my Sumo is because I picked up the Marine Master and needed to free up funds.

I will likely get another Sumo one of these days.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Thinking the Sumo will give this story a happy ending Chazman. :thumb: It's just awesome looking, and for $500 less too?! Pretty incredible sir. ..Sorry the Shogun didn't work out, but think this definitely will ! :) Congrats ahead of time there !

·
1,257 Posts
If I was going to get a Sumo, then it would definitely be the Blumo. Always liked that blue dial. But right now I'm still enjoying the comfort of the Shogun, especially on a Nato.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts