Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can you keep a secret ?...Or, would you prefer others didn't confide in you because you realize that you have trouble keeping it to yourself.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I'm in sales so I can definately keep a secret. You would be suprised the things people will tell me in the course of a working day. I have a good ear and people find it easy to confide in me. ANYTHING that's told to me stays with me!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am always amazed at the stuff people tell me and the information they seem to offer without being provoked. I think most people just feel a need to "spill the beans". It is very hard for people to keep a secret and they feel compelled for some reason to tell others.

I keep most everything very close to the vest and rarely tell others secrets.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

If I'm told that he conversation goes no further than this room, then that's where it stays. If there is no caveat attached then I'll use my best judgement to share the info with my closest friends, or not.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Snitches get snitches...Words I lived by my whole life....:madd
Word up JP! You and I are from the same school. my 'hood was the west coast version of yours.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

This has been a true "balancing act" over my lifetime.

Of course, someone could tell me something in confidence and I would never repeat it . . . unless I was required to. :)

Part of my "job" as a psychotherapist was to establish an environment, so that my patients could "tell me anything" (and they have)! However, there were (rare) times where I was compelled to break this trust, in order to satisfy requirements of the State. I can't say that I ever liked breaking this trust, but there have been times where it may have saved a life.

Yes, I can separate "work" from family and friends, however, I can't disconnect from my training (even "after hours"). There have been times where a friend or family member has taken me into their confidence, only for me to feel compelled to NOT keep things in confidence. In these occasions, I often feel as if I have their "better" interest at heart. Not everyone would agree, however. I have to repect their opinion in these cases.

There have been times that I've felt the need to convey to someone that if they don't want me repeating what they have to say, they better not tell me. It's NOT that I can't keep their info confidential . . .I may be required (by law) to break that trust. :)

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

If someone tells me something in confidence then I can keep shut on it. However, if I am not told that something is not to be spread I will talk about it freely most of the time unless I just don't feel right about it.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Here is my rule, when confiding in me you better tell me that this goes nowhere or it is public Information. If I am told then it will stick until I am dead!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Here is my rule, when confiding in me you better tell me that this goes nowhere or it is public Information. If I am told then it will stick until I am dead!
im with Ron.......if it im not told anything, and someone just says something to me, ill pass it along maybe in convo with someone else.........if im told it goes no further, then it goes no further..............thats that......

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

djpop wrote:
Duchess, Iam a well
Me too, pop...Any time I have a private conversation with someone, I consider it to be just that, private...I'm a very private person & discretion is everything to me...Matter of fact, you could consider it to be a dealbreaker in any friendship that I have.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

oh, and let me add, that i think its obvious when someone tells you something when its private, ........depending on the convo, you should be smart enough to know, that it is not something to be shared with anyone, and just keep your mouth shut.......i have a very small group of real friends, and thats how i like it, and would never want to betray them......

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
oh, and let me add, that i think its obvious when someone tells you something when its private, ........depending on the convo, you should be smart enough to know, that it is not something to be shared with anyone, and just keep your mouth shut.......i have a very small group of real friends, and thats how i like it, and would never want to betray them......
Never betray them, blah blah, small group of friends, babble babble! How 'bout you shut it up right now! We got it the first time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I don't like having to hold some-one's secrets, sometimes months and months later, it is easy to forget it is a secret and something slips out in another conversation, or you think you can trust this other friend, who then trust his wife, who then trust her sister and so on till it is no longer a secret.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
Never betray them, blah blah, small group of friends, babble babble! How 'bout you shut it up right now! We got it the first time. Thanks.

Okay, you want to start it up............fine....Ill bring down everythread on this board with you..........come on bring it........why dont you go stick your head in a toilet, ......oh wait, thats what you do for a living, thats right.............ya filthy plumbers helper.......(hey George, was that better?):madd

1 - 20 of 28 Posts