Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was at a friends homerecently & when she let me in she was holding her husbands cell phone, he had forgotten it when he left& as we sat down in the kitchen she proceeded to go through not only his contact list but, calls sent & received...I was HORRIFIED and said as much...She was insulted at my comments...Not only have I never done that, I never would, I wouldn't go through his wallet nor his desk...WTF is wrong with people ?...Is this a common practice ?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

personally i wouldnt care if Gina did, but there are certain rules one should not break. That would be one of them IMHO! If a person is that insecure that they have to do this well lets just leave it at that!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I would be pissed...but I have noting to hide so she can go through it..but I know my wife and she would have no need to do it and wouldn't...Just sounds like she is either insecure or he is giving her a reason to do it...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

From my stand point it wasn't about having something to hide...It is about ones' right to privacy...I would be livid if that had been done to me & it would be a long time, if ever, before I got over it.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

One word....TRUST. It is either part of a relationship or it is not.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Obviously she doesn't have any for him & because of what I saw her do I no longer have any for her.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Since my wife works for t-mobile she sould just look that info up if she wanted or look at the bill for calls sent and received. but I have nothing to hide.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

Its not about not having anything to hide.Its about your spouse invading your privacy.I never went into my exwifes purse or looked at her phone contacts.anytime she asked me to get something out of her purse, I'd just bring the purse to her.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I don't have anything to hide either, but I have my phone locked as a general rule in case I lost it anywhere. Just would want to make it harder for anyone to access the info.

But if she asked for the combination I would tell her to be honest. But I also just don't think she ever would.

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

Doing it is bad enough. Doing it in front of an acquaintance is a serious issue.

That 'lady' needs to be put on some psychiatric meds sooner than later.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Obviously a very insecure person. Like a lot of the other cats here, I don't have anything to hide but my wife doesn't and won't go through my phone and I don't go through hers. I'm not worried about what she does, I trust that if the day comes that she wants to be somewhere else with someone else, she'll tell me and we'll handle like adults.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Now I remember why I don't have a cell phone. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

My wife doesn't go thru my phone or my wallet, even if I ask her to take something out of it for me, she'll just bring the wallet to me. She rarely opens the emails that come in, even if they are for her, lol. I don't go thru her purse or phone either. If you can't trust the person your with, why are you there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.