Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, what watches are you looking forward to for 2016?

I'll start with three more recent announcements that I plan on picking up when they become available.

The Seiko 6309 Homage/Re-issue:
Most likely the SRP773 with black bezel.

The upcoming Bulova "Moonwatch":

And of course, if I play my cards right, the Tudor "Black" Black Bay:

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess what is old is new again. I just noticed the three watches I am most looking forward to are all homages or throwbacks to earlier models :)

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
It's funny Garrick, have gotten into this vintage mode lately, and basically don't have any watch I'm after. :eek: Since I like so many watches I'll often just look around, and learn. Then maybe find a type, or style (usually odd, or funky), and then hope to find it. My last couple of watches came by looking on ebay, and are one's I never saw anywhere else. So it's all kind of spontaneous for me sir. Could be something strange, or different, or something classic. Never really know. :) ..Great great question, and topic though !

·
Registered
153 Posts
My watches tend to come and go at a steady pace but I have yet to try a Grand Seiko. There are a couple right now I'd like to make a run at but not in the cards....yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm still aiming for the moon watch, also. Awesome history of behind the scenes deals, government coverups, and "treachery" . lol. And looking into bulova, I found this:

Older model, but I'm looking for more chronographs, and this fits the bill.

Those are the only two on my radar for now. If I can build and sell my rx7 race car, then I'll use that to get the fast rider black shield.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm???

This,

Or maybe this,

Or maybe this one……

Or just maybe, all of the above!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I rarely stick to the game plan. But would like to try a tuna or an SAS (pictured below). Get in on the preorder of the H20 Marlin and maybe one more possibly a Stowa or depending on finances maybe reach for an aquatimer or a pelagos.

Plus one maybe...

Or

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
A Magrette Dual Time white dial, Bulova Moonwatch, and a Rolex Submariner no date are the targets for 2016. I'm probably done for the year, especially since the wifey wants a new car and the new iPad pro for this weekend.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been out of the market since the F74 (spending $$ on go fast parts for the new V wagon instead) But the Esquire magazine ad for the Tudor Pelagos in blue really got me thinking.....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
My future is another watch hopefully. Haven't had the money to purchase another. Hoping for a Longines or Hamilton. Would like to purchase my next from an AD in an actual store so I can try on and have the buying experience that isn't on the internet haha.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Right now I've got a "crush" on this

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im looking forward to purchasing:

1) H2O Orca - One of the many configurations on my list
2) Helberg CH6
3) Orient Saturation Diver, Black Dial

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
My wish list:
1. Zenton M45
2. Seiko Tuna or Sumo.
3. EcoZilla auto in Ti.
4. Any Sinn. Makes no diff the iteration.
5. Maraton CSAR

Lou Snutt

1 - 20 of 27 Posts