Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this baby almost three weeks ago and it seemed to be shipped out fairly quickly, within three days turned over to FedEx about 14 days ago. According to FedEx tracking it has been sitting in the FedEx facility in Shangai for the last 12 days, unmoved???

Reactions: dermouse

·
6,096 Posts
I always use PayPal or my credit card for payment. I'm sure you do too. So any loss is covered but many people miss the main point. You want the damn watch! You ordered it because you want it, not just 'for fun'.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
My advice: contact FedEx and ask what is going on.

Locally, they are only making 4 flights out per day (this is a major airport too, in the middle of Ski season), so FedEx may be waiting until they have a full cage/crate/plane/boat before flying it out.

Sounds similar to the old Vostok days, when some people waited for months as the factory would only call the carrier once the truck was full of boxes, or something similar.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always use PayPal or my credit card for payment. I'm sure you do too. So any loss is covered but many people miss the main point. You want the damn watch! You ordered it because you want it, not just 'for fun'.
I bought this from Amazon, they already informed me if it hasn't arrived by the 25th they would give me a refund.

I really was looking forward to getting this watch though! 😢 😢

Reactions: FBPB

·
Super Moderator
12,873 Posts
There are honestly so many strange things going on
with shipping Chaz. 😮 Although this one really does
sound like it won’t make It to you by the 25th. 🙁

Oh well, sounds like we need to make lemonade out
of these lemons. 😀😄 Still am seeing this one in your
future, or at least one like it Chaz !!!

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Chinese New Year was really late this year, like the 12th. Maybe that has something to do with it? They shut down for a week or two over there. I ordered something a couple years ago around the same time and it was delayed two weeks.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Oris Freek
3,529 Posts
Chinese New Year was really late this year, like the 12th. Maybe that has something to do with it? They shut down for a week or two over there. I ordered something a couple years ago around the same time and it was delayed two weeks.
Good luck.

Happy New Year Chaz !!!🥳🥳🥳🤪🥴Maybe next week. Or the week after...

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck.

I know most of the Chinese made watches like Heimdallr and San Martin have caveats on fulfilling orders during Chinese New Years, but FedEx?? The already have the package, had it for weeks??

·
Aspiring Expert
1,956 Posts
One word, customs...

Sometimes stuff can languish for weeks there...

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Aspiring Expert
1,956 Posts
It passed customs over 12 days ago according to FedEx tracking
It passed customs and showed movement outbound?

I have had that happen only very rarely, I think twice, where it stopped moving somewhere's in the US, for a long time, and it finally started moving again in one case and in the other, it just showed up before tracking even showed any update...

·
Long Time Member
399 Posts
Two straps from Martú took 8 weeks to arrive from Chile. An envelope!
And a Geckota watch arrived in two days from the UK.
Need a lot of patience sometimes, I suppose.

·
Oris Freek
3,529 Posts
I know most of the Chinese made watches like Heimdallr and San Martin have caveats on fulfilling orders during Chinese New Years, but FedEx?? The already have the package, had it for weeks??
Two straps from Martú took 8 weeks to arrive from Chile. An envelope!
And a Geckota watch arrived in two days from the UK.
Need a lot of patience sometimes, I suppose.
Like the man said, be patient. You're probably gonna wind up with a watch AND a refund.:)

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Like the man said, be patient. You're probably gonna wind up with a watch AND a refund.:)
Now that would be sweet, a little payback to the Chicoms for COVID they exported over here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Geckota Chronograph I recently acquired took less than 10 days to get here from England??

·
2,558 Posts
I bought an Armida diver, shipped from Hong Kong it took 3 days. I also bought a Heimdallr from somewhere else in China and that took 3 weeks. And another that made it to San Francisco in 3 weeks then disappeared into the ether apparently, never got it. Harold (yobokies) ships from Hong Kong, I get everything he sends in about 5 days, reliably.

It's a crapshoot, but there does seem to be a correlation between quality of seller and shipping reliability. Odds are you'll get it and all will be well.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought an Armida diver, shipped from Hong Kong it took 3 days. I also bought a Heimdallr from somewhere else in China and that took 3 weeks. And another that made it to San Francisco in 3 weeks then disappeared into the ether apparently, never got it. Harold (yobokies) ships from Hong Kong, I get everything he sends in about 5 days, reliably.

It's a crapshoot, but there does seem to be a correlation between quality of seller and shipping reliability. Odds are you'll get it and all will be well.
I received my Heimdallr in less than 10 days, they sent it DHL if I recall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts