Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is this a real illness ?...A legit sickness that requires rehab in order to get "well" ?

As a caveat, this thread is not about anyone in particular, it's strictly about whether or not sex addiction is the real deal as far as it being considered a sickness or is it a cop out.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

for famous people (mainly movie stars) it is AN EXCUSE AND COP OUT FOR .... CHEATING.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I dont think it's an illness unless it involves Sick stuff like Children or Rape or tying people up

if it's consentual then all's good

as far as "affairs" - this has been going on for all of mankind - never gonna stop

i dont condone it but it happens - who am i to judge anyone

in most cases "sex addiction" is used as a cop out IMO

·
Registered
469 Posts
imported post

Tough one...

If one can get addicted to alcohol or drugs, why can't one get addicted to whatever is naturally released in the body when sexually aroused?

Not sure there is a clear cut answer on this one...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

When you here of sex addiction it is usually in reference to a celebrity. I agree with James because the two that I remember hearing about involved a possible divorce. Maybe if I remember, I will have to ask my Doctor about that. He will probably look at me at start laffing. ....Bob

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I kinda have to go with a COP OUT on this one. Having a healthy sexual appetite is normal. It's being able to control yourself that some don't have...that then leads to addiction. I believe that a lot of people who are addicted to sex, are just addicted to the attention they get while pursuing sex. I have a buddy that could have been the poster boy for sexual addiction. He always had the best looking, sexiest women as GF's...and yet he was always on the hunt for something different. Saw him go through 3 different wives because he couldn't stop.

Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

It can be an addiction. There are people who are addicted to the adrenaline rush of doing crazy stunts, so why not the feel-good chemicals of sex? It's only an addiction when it starts to affect how you live your life. Otherwise you just like it a lot lol

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

This is what they call it when someone let's their little head do the thinking for the big head. JMO

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I can see it, There was a time that 4 to 6 different women a week was common place. I truly understand it. I think people think that it has to do with the deed, and that truly isnt the issue, the issue is the power to bed women for sport! Deep down inside I truly believe he has a insecurity about him that has caused him to do this Incredible ooops I mean horrific act!

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

It is probably like everything else the truth lies somewhere between like it and need it, but then again, if it is truly an addiction why do we only here about males being addicted ? Does it only strike males or is it just not the word we choose to use in the context of females because of social biases. Isn't this possibly just another tired old example of the difference between a "stud:" and a "whore" as taught within the confines of one of societies most blatant "ism's " ?? Just food for thought......

:madd

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

I believe it's part of being spiritually bankrupt.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

maui_freek wrote:
It is probably like everything else the truth lies somewhere between like it and need it, but then again, if it is truly an addiction why do we only here about males being addicted ? Does it only strike males or is it just not the word we choose to use in the context of females because of social biases. Isn't this possibly just another tired old example of the difference between a "stud:" and a "whore" as taught within the confines of one of societies most blatant "ism's " ?? Just food for thought......

They are called nympho's, I do see the word Ho's in it...LOL

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
maui_freek wrote:

They are called nympho's, I do see the word Ho's in it...LOL
Yeh you got me there except "nympho" always reminds me of some one who likes and enjoys not one who needs and wants to be "cured"......its not a negative word it is a GOOD word ! The person to whom all this is referring, who has just ordered a new sleeve of very special balls, by the way, issued an apology- which denotes a desire to stop whereas he would other wise write a "How-To Manual" ( I'll take a signed copy!)

:%:%:%:%:%

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.