Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been lazy, busy or both and haven't taken any wrist shots of the two latest acquisitions... I am quite impressed with them. Maybe my inner-child wears "dress watches":lol

The Croton OTV:

I genuinely feel that this was the best VALUE (as I see it) all year on ShopNBC, at least as far as OTVs are concerned. Tungsten, Sapphire, Diamond, MOP, Swiss Auto with a lifetime warranty...

I looked at the other colors and I'm still convinced I picked the right one.

It has a very RADO look to it and in the 46mm size, has a very impressive wrist presence for a dress watch.

The Nicolet Eklipse:

I waited since July for a good price on this, which never came, LOL

Since EVERY time I bought a watch or visited shops website I checked the price on this, I became convinced of two things:
1. ShopNBC wasn't gonna blow this one out cheap.
2. I was gonna regret it if it sold out (as I've regretted missing the Swiss Pineapple... and maybe even more)

The genuine crocodile strap with dual deployment is excellent. The strap has great texture, I'll try to add some photos of it later.

This was my last watch of 2009. I received one 12.21, but it's movement was broken. The replacement arrived 12-30-2009 and I need to send the first one back to shop.

I'll try to get motivated to do some light box shots of both and I'll update this post.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Great items to wrap up the year. Enjoy them. Let me know what you think of the Tungsten after you've had a chance to wear it. It is so heavy.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Great items to wrap up the year. Enjoy them. Let me know what you think of the Tungsten after you've had a chance to wear it. It is so heavy.
It's been on my wrist more days than not. It is very heavy, especially for the size, but I'm a large guy. It isn't a problem at all.

Only complaint is the crown being small and slick. When you pull it out, it's fine for setting the time, but it's no fun to wind. I need another winder... but as often as I've worn it, it's only run down once.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Those are both fantastic watches David. You weren't kidding about that Croton. WOW!! it has some awesome color variation to it. Congrats!! my friend very cool photos as well. Enjoy them both:c:c:c

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Those are both fantastic watches David. You weren't kidding about that Croton. WOW!! it has some awesome color variation to it. Congrats!! my friend very cool photos as well. Enjoy them both:c:c:c
I had to jack the contrast WAY up to make it look that way, LOL

It's my attempt at Art Photography...

(Not THAT kind of art photography) LOL

If I get motivated, I'll do some light box shots that will probably be more of an accurate representation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.