Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys had a chance to check out this new SevenFriday?

It's actually a couple of watches called the V-Series. One is the V1/01, with white, and blue dial, and one is the V2/01 which is black, and "old" yellow. Cases measure 43mm, and have a sun-brushed finish with the bezels, and also dual crowns on the left side that operate a neat patented strap changing system.

A few other details includes a domed AR coated mineral crystal, multi-level dial, and also patented "additioner" where you have to add hours, minutes, and seconds at times to tell what time it is. Movement is Citizen Miyota's 82S7 automatic with 40 hr. power reserve guys, and it looks like you get a nice leather strap with each V-Series.

Check them out everybody...

Time and Watches with a closer look...

http://www.timeandwatches.com/2015/09/sevenfriday-v-series.html

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Cool and all, but I'm not trying to do math, I'm trying to tell time...
Yes, I really like the overall case design and the materials / textures in the dial, but I don't want to have to think when I'm checking the time!

Having said that, it's great to see so much imagination going into a watch design. I'm sure it's calling the names of many customers out there right now!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like this. I like this a lot.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cool and all, but I'm not trying to do math, I'm trying to tell time...
+1. Took me a while to figure out how to tell time on this one, but once I got the hang of it, telling the time was pretty easy. I think the dial's numerous features and gauges do distract from the main point of telling the time, but it's an interesting piece for sure.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yes, I really like the overall case design and the materials / textures in the dial, but I don't want to have to think when I'm checking the time!

Having said that, it's great to see so much imagination going into a watch design. I'm sure it's calling the names of many customers out there right now!
I really appreciate the complication of it and the design. Just not for me. If I'm going for more a show watch I'm going Urwerk... you know, after I win the lottery.

·
Super Moderator
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's funny guys, a lot of times when seeing watches I usually am taken in by the design of the case, and dial. ..Same thing with these. :) Then later I saw that telling the time was really unique, and different. ..Then after that, I thought..wow, that might be hard to get used to ! :anim_63:

Just is neat to see I guess, and maybe pick up with those Urwerk's like Funk said, when we all win the lottery. :smile:

Awesome hearing your opinions on these guys. Thanks so much !

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
This is the most impressive dial I've seen from them.

What is it about 7Friday that just does nothing for me in terms of desire though?

To each, his own, I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts