Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I had the same thing happen to me over at WG. Some guy was selling his watch and both his pics were mine. I sent him a PM asking to remove my pics and got no response. I then went to a mod and he not only took the listing off but he banned the guy from selling watches there!

I wouold go to EBay and tell them and see what they can do about it! Good luck with this. This kind of stuff pisses me off!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Damn that is a nice watch, and a really nice picture of the watch.

I totally understand not wanting people to use images you take, but ultimately it is very hard to stop if you are not a published artist or someone actually copyrighting your images officially. Many times they could just say that you used the image from someone else and it becomes your word against theirs. Now if you are officially copyrighting images, which most are not, then it becomes a different legal situation.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Steve, that's f*&&^ :%hilarious...even for this Okie.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
dedward wrote:
yep.another one. its my wrist and watch.this guy won't pull the photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220520999967

I don't know about using the picture but i really like that watch.
I'm GLAD that one's NOT for sale... I have no impulse control!

Phenomenal pic! I had one person use my pics, but they asked first and it was a LWIG! thread so I said No Prob!

I was flattered. But nobody was pretending anything to make a sale on eBay, either...

David

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
dedward wrote:
yep.another one. its my wrist and watch.this guy won't pull the photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220520999967

I don't know about using the picture but i really like that watch.
I'm GLAD that one's NOT for sale... I have no impulse control!

Phenomenal pic! I had one person use my pics, but they asked first and it was a LWIG! thread so I said No Prob!

I was flattered. But nobody was pretending anything to make a sale on eBay, either...

David
You and me both David. LOL!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

LWIG? What does that stand for?

Anyone have a list of this acronyms?

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Its not a big deal really about the photo.I do have them tagged in the image using Adobe lightroom so I can prove ownership. My problem is what condition is his watch really in? what if someone buys it based on my photo and gets a beaten watch instead? thats my only issue with using others photos to sell.Now if these were just used to illistrate a thread about Seiko watches, then thats fine by me.

Of course this is one of seikos best dive watches.One of the few with a sapphire crystal and the direct drive kinetic movement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.