Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see the new Seiko Astron Giugara Design Limited Edition by chance?

It's a new update to the 80's watch with Seiko solar powered GPS 8X82 chronograph caliber. Which is able to measure elapsed time for up to six hours, and is accurate to one second every one hundred years. When recieving a GPS signal, it's precise to +/-15 seconds a month, and also has a perpetual calendar which has been programmed until 2100 everyone.

A few more details include 43.6mm titanium case with hard black coating, a ceramic bezel, 100 meter water resistance, AR coated sapphire crystals, high magnetic resistance, and titanium bracelet with hard black coating.

Have a look...

A link to W&W for you...

http://wornandwound.com/introducing-seiko-astron-giugiaro-design-limited-edition-ref-sse121/

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
How surprising ! :eek: Another asymmetrical retro watch. After their great showing in Basel. Now even Seiko is going backwards. This lack of new ideas is really quite disturbing. I hope its just a phase and not a trend.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
This is their second re-edition. They did a remake of the first one (of Alien fame) a while back. Which I prefer. This one is a culmination of new technology in the shape of an almost forgotten style icon. You must be a real watch buff to appreciate this watch and to many it's just a new design. I assume Seiko and many other manufacturers 'feel' the market and will release vintage inspired watches because it means $$$$$$. It's just that simple. I'm not convinced it's the result of the lack of ideas, it's just money in the pocket. But no one is forced to buy one as no one is forced to reply in threads that have topics like these :D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
When receiving a GPS signal, it's precise to +/-15 seconds a month
Huh? When receiving a GPS signal it should be accurate to the exact second every day, I know my Citizen Satellite Wave model is!

·
Registered
454 Posts
very cool, but not my personal style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts