Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is mine - Seiko SBBN017 - Japan Only version - SBBN017
- I added the Tung Choy Bracelet
Weight - 210 grams with the bracelet

MOVEMENT: Quartz Cal. 7C46
CALENDAR: Day/Date (day in both English and Japanese, user selectable)
ACCURACY: Less than +- 15seconds/month between 5 degrees and 35 degrees Celsius.
BATTERY LIFE: approx. 5 years long life battery w/ low battery indication.
CASING: Stainless Steel with screwback w/ screw down crown. Utilizing special L shaped gasket. Anti-magnetic.
BEZEL: 120 click uni-directional with asymmetric bezel guard.
CRYSTAL: Dual curved Hardlex mineral crystal. (more scratch resistant than regular mineral crystal)
LUMINOUS MATERIAL: LumiBrite (non-radioactive) store light for 3 to 5 hours, once charged for approx. 10 minutes.
LUG SIZE: 22mm
CASE DIAMETER 47.5mm (excl. crown)
THICKNESS: 14.7mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 30ATM (300m or 1000 feet) designed for use in saturation diving using helium and oxigen gas.

·
Registered
693 Posts
imported post

LOVE THE TUNA!!!

Regretably though, I'll likely be putting mine up for sell in the next week.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Here is mine.....:WW :%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
891 Posts
imported post

Just a little FYI (totally unrelated to watches)

From TVDinner's first post:

"WATER RESISTANCE: 30ATM (300m or 1000 feet) designed for use in saturation diving using helium and oxigen gas."

To aid in diving deeper for longer duration the gas used is a mixture of Helium and Oxygen. By removing the Nitrogen (approx 79% or regular air) the risk of Rapture of the Deep (Nitrogen Narcosis) is removed. But, you still must decompress and give time for the Helium to come out of your tissue/blood stream prior to surfacing. As we know from all the Helium release valves on our little works of art, Helium actually makes smaller bubbles and difuses throughout your body tissue. Nasty nasty nasty time if you get a case of the bends with Helium.

P.S. - For any of you that are cost concerned such as myself. HeliOx is very expensive. Not jsut your normal balloon filling Helium.

Thanks for listening/reading. Now, back to your normal station.

·
Registered
211 Posts
imported post

OMG... I think Im really diggin the tuna!! Does it come in auto? This is more realistic than my pana dream.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
imported post

Here's mine. I have a Watchadoo bracelet on the SBBN-017. I think I had mine first (or second whatever?)

But I love the watch!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

MeKeNi wrote:
OMG... I think Im really diggin the tuna!! Does it come in auto? This is more realistic than my pana dream.
there are auto models but you're looking at 2x-3x the price and quite a bit taller (to accept the thicker auto mov't). the SBDX011 is 230000YEN (which according to the latest exchange rate is $3021.94)

·
Registered
211 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
MeKeNi wrote:
there are auto models but you're looking at 2x-3x the price and quite a bit taller (to accept the thicker auto mov't). the SBDX011 is 230000YEN (which according to the latest exchange rate is $3021.94)

Yikes! Although nice looking. That is a little steep. Geez.. Thanks for the reality check tho. :BE

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Trust me, the quartz one I have is far and away as nice as many/most of my autos...

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Trust me, the quartz one I have is far and away as nice as many/most of my autos...
while not technically a "high end quartz",the hi-torque 7c46 is as accurate a mov't as you'll find in a quartz diver and has been a proven winner for Seiko for more than 20 yrs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
imported post

Want to read a good book, read John Chattertons book Shadow Divers, educational about the effects of narcosis and tells the story of a father son team who throw out the window all the rules for tandem diving and parish as a result of the dreaded shrinkingblackness that is narcosis

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

lovles2274 wrote:
Just a little FYI (totally unrelated to watches)

From TVDinner's first post:

"WATER RESISTANCE: 30ATM (300m or 1000 feet) designed for use in saturation diving using helium and oxigen gas."

To aid in diving deeper for longer duration the gas used is a mixture of Helium and Oxygen. By removing the Nitrogen (approx 79% or regular air) the risk of Rapture of the Deep (Nitrogen Narcosis) is removed. But, you still must decompress and give time for the Helium to come out of your tissue/blood stream prior to surfacing. As we know from all the Helium release valves on our little works of art, Helium actually makes smaller bubbles and difuses throughout your body tissue. Nasty nasty nasty time if you get a case of the bends with Helium.

P.S. - For any of you that are cost concerned such as myself. HeliOx is very expensive. Not jsut your normal balloon filling Helium.

Thanks for listening/reading. Now, back to your normal station.
I would like to add... For a very interesting read and education on the perils of diving I would like to reccomend this book about the discovery of an undocumented sunkenU-Boat off the coast of New Jersey.Even if you don't dive you will be a better wannabe diver after reading this excellent book!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts