Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Seiko in the mail yesterday. Last week I spotted a Seiko at Costco that really caught my eye. I took a picture with my phone (see below) then did some web searches to find the real model number and any reviews I could find. It was model #SSC318.

The model above looks pretty good, but I didn't care for the fact that the case back is a 'snap on' type and there was no lume of hands or indices. Then I spotted this one below at Amazon:

I know some people don't care for the two-tone look, but I do. It matches the wedding ring my wife gave me for our 25th anniv. many years ago.

This is a Seiko SSC002 (Solar Chronograph with alarm). It was actually a few bucks cheaper than Costco's watch with alarm that can be used as a second time zone. 100m water resist with a screw-on case back. Case diameter w/o crown is 40.4mm. Does not have a screw-down crown. Three year warranty too.

Here are some pics I shot yesterday (sorry, forgot to remove the scotch tape from bracelet).

Lume is pretty good being a Seiko

Today's wrist shot:

I have two Citizen Eco-drives, but never tried the Seiko solar. Hopefully this will be as reliable.

·
11,667 Posts
Congrats on your new Seiko!! Very Nice Choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,117 Posts
You NEVER go wrong with Seiko! Congrats!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm really liking this new Seiko Solar. One thing that was surprising to see is the fact that the stop watch steps by 1/5 of a second. Didn't expect that with a quartz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts