Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I haven't enabled in a while. Time is up on that one. I say get one of these Seikos. 2nd hand and minty is going to be in the low to mid 2's nowadays (it was for me anyway, hopefully you can do even better) and its a very cool watch in a lot of ways, not just as superb bang for buck. First, the sucker just looks really cool. Next, it wears very well and comfortably. Drilled lug holes for the 22 strap mods will keep you busy for years as just about every kind of strap looks nice on this all stainless version (I think). It is a permanent resident in Lume-town, of course, and the crown & bezel function very nicely around the beautifully laid out dial. The auto that I'm staring at on my wrist now is running around +5/24. For size, they call it 47mm wide and 14mm or so thick but it wears much more like a 45mm to me. Don't know why; just does. There is no down side to this watch that I've found yet and I've stopped looking. Go get one.

I've tried it on some nice strap options (iso black, iso orange, super engineer II SS, Diaboliq salt & pepper canvas, and today on a buttery leather brown with a hint of bronze SNPR strap. Big kudos to Joe at SNPR, by the way. It is really like butter and looks superb. It was meant for the Steinhart Apollon but I'm keeping it right here.

·
Registered
489 Posts
This Seiko is indeed an excellent watch. I'm looking forward to getting a different version though, the SRP653. Fell in love with it after trying it on at a local AD. Thanks for sharing some pics!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Seiko is indeed an excellent watch. I'm looking forward to getting a different version though, the SRP653. Fell in love with it after trying it on at a local AD. Thanks for sharing some pics!
You mean this one? Another killer piece, for sure. In love with that one, too, but the 637 is easier to wear daily IMHO. Both are great though and when you want to go big and blue, that 653 can't be topped. Smart man!

·
Registered
489 Posts
You mean this one? Another killer piece, for sure. In love with that one, too, but the 637 is easier to wear daily IMHO. Both are great though and when you want to go big and blue, that 653 can't be topped. Smart man!

Yup, that's the one! Love everything about it, most especially the disc dial markers and the blue bezel and shroud. Really chunky too! Makes a real visual presence on the wrist.

Reactions: Mesh Guy

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Mesh I've been thinking long and hard about by buying one of these, but am afraid it's too large. Now you're telling me it wears like a 45. Any way you can list a comparison pic with a smaller watch side by side?

I love shrouded Seikos and you certainly haven't lost any of your enabling skills

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Love this one. It's been on my list and the back of my mind for awhile now. Every time I goto the mall, I go into Macy's just to stare at it. I actually did that very thing last Sunday at the mall when I was with my family.

Funny thing is, I have a Tuna and I still want one of these.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Love this thing ! Big congrats ! I can't imaging a better value at this price range or even $200 more. So happy for you.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mesh I've been thinking long and hard about by buying one of these, but am afraid it's too large. Now you're telling me it wears like a 45. Any way you can list a comparison pic with a smaller watch side by side?

I love shrouded Seikos and you certainly haven't lost any of your enabling skills
Sure. I'll take some comps tomorrow, bud.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Mesh Guy:
Either Or. Both SRP's are bad to da bone!!!
I'm into shrouds on watches. Only have one
piece (a DB) with a shroud.
Good on ya and congrats on your acquisition.
I know you are gonna luv it.

Lou Snutt

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
These are something Mesh !!! :smile-thumb2: Part Tuna, part Monster, and just out of this world honestly, and that's just from seeing terrific pictures like your's here. :eek: You've got an outstanding design, size, movement, lume, and evidently straps there for it ! This one will make time fly by I bet. Big congratulations to you Mesh ! Wow !

·
Banned
754 Posts
Had to come back and stare through the window like a Peeping Tom.

So my buddy contacts a seller and offer is accepted for a new one on eBay from
Singapore. Seller tells him $235 through PayPal so my buddy sends money but the seller mispelled. Seller says he hasn't received funds. My buddy then has to cancel payment and contact seller about the canceling and waiting period. So he then pays another $235 through PayPal to get a message from seller that it was sold and refunds him. My enabling didn't pay out this time. Sucks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a long time Seiko fan (7) both the 637 and 635 are sexy looking pieces and once again show Seiko's style in dive watches.

If you could afford it get both and alternate in their use.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
47 mm sounds huge, but it looks great on your wrist shots.

REALLY liking the SS version with the indices that are shaped, would you call it trapezoidal?

And WOW that's some outstanding lum!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got one last week and I'm in love. Smart man putting it on leather :) I personally think it's the best combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts