25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

the seikos featured in the article above are all 46mm or larger. very nice

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

you're really getting into this stuff huh James? pretty cool!!!

love both of them - is that second one an auto chrono??

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

http://www.seiko-ananta.com/#/collection
click on spring drive chronographs
then click on the black one - INCREDIBLE.

The white chrono is around $7500
The black chrono has only 300 ever made and price is ?????

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

now i'm stumped - i normally will choose a leather watch over a bracelet BUT the bracelet on this piece is AWESOME

actually they are both REALLY nice looking

especially the white dial

also a tough choice between the GMT & Chrono versions

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

talking big big $$$$, but looking at that site almost hypnotizes me, lol. I can't stop looking at the them.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I can't stop staring at it

Attachments

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

well we can always dream right??? LOL

TVDinner wrote:
talking big big $$$$, but looking at that site almost hypnotizes me, lol. I can't stop looking at the them.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That was a interesting read. I like the watch, especially the accuracy of one second a day. It also looks awesome, too. Thanks for postingthe link James. ....Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
imported post

I found this forum after seeing one of the comments from the blog entry posted by the OP.

I just got an Ananta Spring Drive GMT last week. It's my first Spring Drive and it haslived up to all of my expectations and more. The movement features the glide motion second hand but I'm also very impressed with its operation and feel. When setting the time, there doesn't seem to be any slack in the gear train. The hand-winding offers a nice fine-clicking feedback. The power reserve builds quickly on the wrist (as observed from the power reserve meter). I think the accuracy is supposed to be about the same as a typical quartz movement and so farfrom my observations it's gainedmaybe 0.5-1 second in the 4 full days I've had it. The watch case is superbly finished and compares favorably to European offerings that I've owned. It's definitely very expensive (about twice as much as I've ever spent on a watch previously), but worth the money in that I am totally satisfied with the purchase.

I've posted some pictures on a couple of other forums I frequent. Some of you guys probably have already seen these pics, but for the interest of those who have not, here they are:

Notice the reflection of my camera from the polished surface.

Sharp edges abound on the dial and hands.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

amazing pics. thank you for posting those!

·
Registered
640 Posts
imported post

Wow! Thanks for those pics, and thanks so much for bringing the new information James. I love learning more about watches and I really appreciate the great education I get by reading this forum. Fascinating stuff!

Susie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts