Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently purchased the watch in question online and when it arrived it differed slightly to the picture.
At the 12 o'clock position, instead of saying Seiko Solar, it says "Seiko X Divers 200m" and says solar in the circle of the chronometer at the bottom of the face.
Should I be worried that it is a fake?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have searched online but come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

·
11,577 Posts
Hi there,

I recently purchased the watch in question online and when it arrived it differed slightly to the picture.

At the 12 o'clock position, instead of saying Seiko Solar, it says "Seiko X Divers 200m" and says solar in the circle of the chronometer at the bottom of the face.

Should I be worried that it is a fake?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have searched online but come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

There's another large thread on here somewhere about this very thing. This is Seiko's new logo for this watch and the image you are comparing it to is the old logo and isn't being used by Seiko any longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ganson

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
You're fine.
The new models have been moved under the Seiko Prospex line, so you get the "X" logo on the dial now.

·
3,979 Posts
wright 267:
I own a Seiko SCCO 19. But your SCCO15 is IMO the "pick o the litter".
If memory serves me correctly all of the SCCO series use the V158
movement.

Seiko makes another fine Solar the SNE 107 and 109. Owned the 107
another W in the win/lose column. Gave it to my SIL's dad who can
afford any watch he desires.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Lou,

This model uses the V175 movement, how superior (if at all) that is I don't know!
The more I read, the more I am beginning to think the watch is genuine and I have been worrying about nothing!

Mike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Lou,

This model uses the V175 movement, how superior (if at all) that is I don't know!
The more I read, the more I am beginning to think the watch is genuine and I have been worrying about nothing!

Mike.
I could be mistaken but I think the SSC models were always V175 solar quartz chronograph movements. The only change that I'm aware of for the SSC models is the Prospex logos on the dials.

Seiko Solar Quartz variants:

V157- solar Quartz with date window (SNE279)
V158 - solar Quartz with day/date window (SNE107)
V175 - solar Quartz chronograph (SSC017)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts