Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

[line]

. . . . Hot Damn!!!!! Still on a contact buzz over this one. Amazed at not only the deal on it ( yeah,yeah . . . . I know, driven into the ground, so kill me . . .) But the watch itself is really a very good piece, and it's just a plain Janer, black dial and all stainless. The surface finishing is top notch, not too shiny, but nice polished accents in the right places . . . .

When I got the Japan Bug and decided to look at Seiko's and Citizen's offering more closely I had no clue the planets would align for me this way. First the deal on the Yobokie Monster, and today this doll for less than half of what I spend on Marlboros a month. Got a new camera, so here's some begginer's shots, while I try to figure the thing out . . . .

. . . pusher at the 2 o'clock mark is for checking the "power reserve" , a little gadgety, but nice . . . .

. . . typical Seiko "search light lume" , and a nice understated overlay in the dial work . . .

. . . I love the bezel, big deep cuts for the edging. Looks like a "cog" for small machinery . . . .

. . . big old solid end links, bracelet is not incredible, but they do seem to have been serious about it lasting . . .

. . . .Happy cat here. I would have gladly paid more . . .

[line]

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Nothing better then getting the new year stated off on the right wrist.

Enjoy the new toy it is very nice and I may need to hunt one soon.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I like it!!!

A lot of depth in the dial, very cool.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very nice watch and photos Randy. Those Kinetics with the power reserve indicator are nice. I own one and it has worked great for 18 years now. Congrats!!
. . . I'll be, I did not know that teh Kinetics had been around that long. I really dig the technology behind them alot. The Kinetic and the Citizen Eco-Drive make such great sense . . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.