Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I really like this watch (except the bracelet). The lume is spectacular and the "pepsi bezel" look is a classic. I decided NOT to invest in a better bracelet (for now) and gifted it to my son. He LOVES it and since the bracelet has been sized down so small to fit his tiny, 9 y/o wrist, it doesn't seem so thin and flimsy.

The watch looks quite large on his wrist, and he LOVES it! He is constantly monkeying with the uni-directional bezel and messing with the fliplock clasp. I explained how the movement works (it's his first mechanical) and how the self-winding works.

His mom asked him about it and he stated that he really likes it, but he's not "obsessed" with watches. I really laughed at that one. We'll see, little man, we'll see... bwaaahaaahaaahaaha

Here's a pic before I gave it to him an sized it. Seikos fit me out of the box...
I'll try to get a wrist pic with him, later.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I'm sorry to here that, Randy.

It was possibly the most rewarding gift I've ever given.

It's been really fun watching him wear and enjoy it.

I'm guessing a lot of you might understand that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
I'm sorry to here that, Randy.

It was possibly the most rewarding gift I've ever given.

It's been really fun watching him wear and enjoy it.

I'm guessing a lot of you might understand that.
. . .don't be sorry!!! My kids are better for that!

Iknow it is awesome to share it, I do the same with my Grandson .. . . he has some pretty neat pieces. His fave is his Croton on blue shark . . . . kids make the passion even better!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I really like this watch a lot. I hope someday that I will need to choose between this one and the Citizen Promaster, or maybe just get both. :b

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

that's too funny - i also recently gave my 9 yr old son a seiko auto - got it in an auction -it said it was 40mm but it looks much more like a 36-38mm so i gave it to him

his little collection has grown -i think he's got like 6 watches now (maybe more i gotta check) LOL

Looks great David -i'm sure you son loves it -its a great looking piece!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.