Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watch came in this afternoon, took photos but don't have time right now to display them.

1st impressions, not nearly as large as what reviewers on the Web are saying. Wears like any, normal 42mm diver. The hand set also doesn't appear large and clownish, in fact I cancelled my idea of modding this watch with 62mas baton hands would look too small IMHO.

Fit, finish, dial and bezel are superb! Bezel rotates smoothly without any play whatsoever. Chapter ring and Bezel alignment are perfect. Crown unscrewing is a little stiff (update this cured with a little dental floss), yet winding is butter smooth. Rubber strap wears just right and is super smooth and comfortable.

Will get back to everyone tomorrow with photos and a continuing critique

Update:

1st 24 hour accuracy, +-0 seconds, dead on, Wow. Maybe too good, can only go downhill from here.

Inspection under a loupe, completely pristine except for some lint between the crystal and the bezel, removed.

1st impressions, as I said before the arrow hour hand which looks a little off putting in photos really isn’t that bad it doesn’t appear as large on the dial as it does on the Monsters.
This watch is perfect size for me, not too big like my Orient Nami, and not too small like my Oris 65 which appears a little larger then it is due to the wider dial and the smaller bezel.
I have a DiModell Water Proof Pilot strap coming in today, this is by far the most comfortable leather strap I have ever worn and is pool friendly. It’s the one on my Nami in the below photo.

Lume

62mas Vs. Orient Nami

62mas vs. Oris 65

62mas on Panatime leather

62mas on Shark Mesh

On DiModell waterproof (100m) leather Pilot strap.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Really looks at home on the leather imo.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Nice pick up.. congrats!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Really a beauty. I think I like it on the original rubber the best. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really a beauty. I think I like it on the original rubber the best. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This watch should have had 22mm lugs instead of 20mm, the straight straps and bracelets make the watch look unbalanced

The original rubber strap extended out to the ends of the lugs, making it more balanced looking, Rubber strap was a lint magnet so I threw a Di-Modell water proof (100m) leather Pilot strap on it and it has the same effect of balancing the watch and strap, and is much, much more comfortable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This watch should have had 22mm lugs instead of 20mm, the straight straps and bracelets make the watch look unbalanced
-snip-
You're right. My favorite Seiko also has this issue :(
MHO: most watches should have 22 instead of 20 :) and many should have 24 instead of 22.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts