Band length: men's-standard
Case material: Titanium
Dial Color: Black
Bezel Material: Titanium
Movement: Kinetic
Calender: Date
Water resistant depth: 200 Meters
Warranty Type: 1 year Japan Domestic Limited Warranty

Product description Seiko Prospex Marine Master Kinetic Men’s Watch # SBDD001.
Dial color: Black.
Band: Titanium.
Case: Titanium.
Glass: Sapphire crystal (non-reflective coating).
Back cover: Titanium (diamond shield).
Caliber: 5D22.
Band Code: DA0B1DM.
Accuracy: ± 15 seconds difference in the average month.
Driving period: about 1 month when fully charged.
Bezel prevent reverse rotation.
Overcharge protection. Display output.
Power reserve indicator function.
Screw back.
Calendar: Date.
Movement: Kinetic Direct Drive.
Water resistant: 200m waterproof for diving.
Approximate weight: 158g.
Approximate case size: 47mm.
Approximate case thickness: 15.1mm. [[RS]]

Nice review and info at http://www.gmtplusnine.com/2009/03/06/two-weeks-with-the-prospex-sbdd001-diver/

Attached image is of dedward's watch!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Everyone is stealing that same picture. I don't care...I still like the watch!!!!

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

The picture does make its rounds.:b

price? depends.This one is all about diving.The movement though is the kinetic direct drive.Thats a pretty interesting movement.Alot of people stay away from quartz for a number of reasons.The biggest one is no interaction with the watch.This movement addresses that issue.You can wind the reserve into it.It has a heavy rotor so it also charges on the wrist.This movement can be found in the Velatura and premier lines also at a fraction of the dive watches price.Its a combination of ti and ss.At 47mm, its pretty large but light on the wrist.You get quartz accuracy with a mechanical layout.

For a Seiko, the price is high.But what other company produces this with the same movement and specs? none that I know of.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

nice looking watch but seems very expensive. but i do like the look of the watch very much.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Digging this thread out of the grave only because I just rediscovered this model and am looking out for one.

Such a cool piece, and I normally don't like kinetics but the direct drive is a fantastic movement.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
I think it has been in the grave for awhile for a reason. Almost $3K for a kinetic, just isn't cutting it. The watch is absolutely gorgeous but the "Kinetic" thing is a put off for that price.

I already have a Seiko Kinetic and unless it is a daily wearer, it's a pain in the ass to keep charged. If this was a HAQ Quartz or even a regular quartz for about $1,500 I would jump all over it.

As it is you can get a Shogun with a fine 6R15 movement in it for under $800 and it's titanium with a more reasonable sized case.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
It's different then your standard kinetic movement. You can charge it by winding the crown. I would love to have one in my rotation.
The winding with the crown isn't like winding a mechanical, you would have to sit there and wind away for a half an hour before you got any noticeable reserve.

Check out this video, the dude winds the watch 20 turns and there is no noticeable difference on the power reserve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgThLppIGU

This would have to do some serious wear and tear on the crown and stem of the watch hand cranking it that much.

Kinetics are a gimmic, I own one and it is a pain to keep charged, and once the batteries run down all the way, they will never hold a full charge again.

This watch, if it's going to be a quartz, should be solar, then it would have been perfect!

·
Long Time Member
996 Posts
I have the same kinetic you do I think. It takes considerable effort to keep it charged to the six month mark. I think of it as the ultimate fitness watch. lol I do really like it though and do keep it charged up by running with it several times a week.

That does look like a lot of winding. I think to fully charge it would take hours. Because of that I have to agree with you. Interesting but not practical.

·
3,979 Posts
Chazman:
A no brainer for me with Kinetic. Tell me I'm the only Seiko Kinetic owner
who was able to get enuff charge to keep this hummer running consistently!!!
This baaad boy in a 6R15? A done deal. Jus never could gee n haw with
Kinetics

Lou Snutt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.