Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

If you are even a modestly serious collector. You gotta have at least one Monster.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

Mine seems to gain a minute or so every day. It sits in a winder when I'm not wearing it but I just reset it each time I put it on. I've heard that gaining time is a common thing with the automatics. I love the watch too much to stop wearing it !!

·
Registered
571 Posts
imported post

yea i'm looking to buy or trade for the seiko scuba diver 5 now that is sweet watch the monster is to small for me at what 44 tom 45mm case i like the seiko divers at 47 to 49mm..good looking watch

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

WOW one hour sale on the orange monster $185.03

Brand Seiko Style SHC059
Case Stainless steel
Dial Color Orange
Bracelet Stainless steel
Clasp Type Deployment
Calendar Date and day display at 3:00
Movement Japan quartz
Crystal Hardlex
Water Resistant 200 meters
Case Diameter 49 mm
Case Thickness 13 mm
Bracelet Width 27 mm
Bracelet Length 9.0 inches

Note: Not the true monster. This is the quartz model.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is a great price for a great looking watch.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Better Deal on the True Monster

Watch Discounters has a new Daily Clearance Deal on the Seiko Orange Monster Diver on Black Rubber Strap for $127.49 with free shipping.

http://www.watchdiscounters.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=60372&rid=watchdiscounters

Case: Stainless steel
Dial Color: Orange dial
Strap: Black rubber strap
Clasp Type: Buckle
Movement: Japan automatic movement
Crystal: Hardlex crystal
Calendar: Date and day display at 3:00
Water resistant to 200 meters
Case Dimensions: 45mm diameter x 13mm H (Case width is actually 42mm not including crown)
Strap Dimensions: 23mm W x 9.5 in. L
Special Features: Sweep second hand/Luminous hands and hour markers/Unidirectional elapsed time bezel

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

mikiehorn wrote:
As the owner of 7 Monsters - I find both the 7S26 21 jewel and the 7S36 23 jewel movements only average timekeepers right from the factory. Make sure the watch is degaussed (demagnitized) and you made need to have the movement regulated or adjusted....

VERY NICE!! I love the looks of all 3 of your watches!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I personally don't get too caught up on the exact second timing of my watches. I have an atomic clock on my bathroon counter and I check my watches each day before I leave. I simply adjust them if it's needed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Man oh man!!!! I love the Monsters!!! The uncommon colour models ar eespecially nice. I have been looking at Seiko 5's and the Seiya site a mlot lately. Glad to see these gems . . . Randy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
imported post

Here is my newest aquisition, my fully modded by Yabokies "Monster", case and bracelet are beadblasted, new dial, chapter ring, plongeur hands and sapphire crystal. Something different to me that nobody has, that's why I like it so much...

·
Registered
35 Posts
imported post

Iceman1974 wrote:
Here is my newest aquisition, my fully modded by Yabokies "Monster", case and bracelet are beadblasted, new dial, chapter ring, plongeur hands and sapphire crystal. Something different to me that nobody has, that's why I like it so much...

great looking mod, I had a black monster for about a year then flipped it for whatever reason, mine ran around +14 per day...someday I'll add a black or a mod again, helluva beater watch imo

·
Registered
247 Posts
imported post

The Seiko Black Monster has been one of my favorites, but I'm not truly sure how accurate it's been. I casually compare it a digital clock at work. So far, it's at least accurate to the minute...:)

I really should test it to see how much it's gaining/losing...

Hmm....:wf

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

eltopo90125 wrote:
The Seiko Black Monster has been one of my favorites, but I'm not truly sure how accurate it's been. I casually compare it a digital clock at work. So far, it's at least accurate to the minute...:)

I really should test it to see how much it's gaining/losing...

Hmm....:wf
FYI - they are not known for being that accurate "out of the box". Can be regulated, but it is a fairly cheap automatic movement in their lines.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts