Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'mstarting to get pissed at my Seiko monster, the sucker runs fast on me :x

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

what model is it watchman.
And do you have any pictures of it you can post?

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

I have three monsters -- an orange, a black and a blue "Frankenmonster".

I have no clue about their long term accuracy because I typically wear a different watch every day. I may not wear the same watch again for several weeks. It's really a nuisance since I have to reset the time, day and date each time for the automatics.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

those are really cool looking watches.
I never know if any of my watches are running fast or slow either since I wear a different one each day also, lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

I respect their attention to timekeeping detail, but I have to smile when I read comments from some watch owners on other boards who become upset when they realize that their latest pride and joy is gaining or losing 4 or 5 seconds per week.

If my watches are on the correct minute, I call it "good".

·
Registered
252 Posts
imported post

I agree, if mine is on the correct min. I don't complain. I check it against the Navel Atomic clock online about once a week, and if it's off a few mins, I adjust it. Most of the time, it's off only by seconds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

As the owner of 7 Monsters - I find both the 7S26 21 jewel and the 7S36 23 jewel movements only average timekeepers right from the factory. Make sure the watch is degaussed (demagnitized) and you made need to have the movement regulated or adjusted....

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

mikiehorn - those are SO HOT. I really like the yellow one. What is the case size on those watches?

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

Thank you.

Seiko Monsters sporting a 42mm case were indeed MONSTERS when they were introduced some years ago ... now of course they are a medium size by today's standards...

Pictured are the prizes of my Seiko collection:

The Yellow Monster is one of only 300 ever produced-Limited Edition

The Red Monster (Devil) is one of only 1313 produced-Limited Edition

The Blue Monster is a Limited Production piece - where Seiko makes only a limited number every year - there are probably over 2,200 Blue Monsters or more that have been produced.

These dial colors were only produced for the Japan/Thai market. The YM was purchased 3rd hand here in the States, the Red Monster from "Dream University" Bangkok Thailand and the Blue Monster from Seiya-Japan.

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

mikiehorn wrote:
Thank you.

Seiko Monsters sporting a 42mm case were indeed MONSTERS when they were introduced some years ago ... now of course they are a medium size by today's standards...

Pictured are the prizes of my Seiko collection:

The Yellow Monster is one of only 300 ever produced-Limited Edirion

The Red Monster (Devil) is one of only 1313 produced-Limited Edition

The Blue Monster is a Limited Production piece - where Seiko makes only a limited number every year - there are probably over 2,200 Blue Monsters or more that have been produced.

These dial colors were only produced for the Japan/Thai market. The YM was purchased 3rd hand here in the States, the Red Monster from "Dream University" Bangkok Thailand and the Blue Monster from Seiya-Japan.
Incredible. I still like the yellow one best! Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Nice looking watches and love the yellow in particular. I guess I never really thought about the time too much as far as accuracy. I feel as long as the day I am wearing it and it is accurate on the day or pretty close that will suit me just fine. You could always put it on a winder and see how thing roll over a period of time.

Of course I don't have an automatic yet so I may feel differently once I get my first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

The Blue Monster is one of the more 'like or not like it' models because of the shade of blue used ... they are usually available used from $325-$375 and new from under $400 from Japan when available ...

Good luck and thanks for the response ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Nice looking watches and love the yellow in particular. I guess I never really thought about the time too much as far as accuracy. I feel as long as the day I am wearing it and it is accurate on the day or pretty close that will suit me just fine. You could always put it on a winder and see how thing roll over a period of time.

Of course I don't have an automatic yet so I may feel differently once I get my first.
The Yellow Monster - available only from existing owners will set you back $1200-1500 more or less depending on the condition and 'market trends' ... Accuracy has never been a factor for owning automatics - except some of my more expensive Omegas and Doxas ...

With a Limited Production run of only 300 - the YM remains one of the more desired LE watches ...

Seiko inhouse 7S26 21 jewel and 7S36 - 23 jewel movements last a long time - are fairly dependable - but are at best average timekeepers. I've read some owners who've has +/- 6 seconds on some watches - but these are the exceptions - not the rule. I've had to have one degaussed and regulated as it ran over a minute fast every day ...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

mikiehorn wrote:
As the owner of 7 Monsters - I find both the 7S26 21 jewel and the 7S36 23 jewel movements only average timekeepers right from the factory. Make sure the watch is degaussed (demagnitized) and you made need to have the movement regulated or adjusted....

Those are some fantastic looking watches. Love all the colors. Very nice collection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

Thanks again ... these are the 3scarcest ones to collect. As I understand it - the Black and Orange Monsters are the only ones in the Seiko North American catalog. All the othersare Japan/Thai market only.

mikeizzy wrote:
mikiehorn wrote:

Those are some fantastic looking watches. Love all the colors. Very nice collection.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

I have an Orange Monster and LOVE IT! It gets a lot of wrist time. That Blue "Frankenmonster" is awesome - whats the deal with that model?

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

Hi Mickey - born and raised in New York City - but left many years ago ...

The "BLUE MONSTER" mentioned is NOT a 'FRANKENMONSTER' but a 'Limited Production' Seiko available in Japan/Thailand markets only from Seiko. Seiko may produce at its leisure - a "limited" amount every year - mine is 6xx/2005 indicating the number producedthat year. It differs from a "Limited Edition" where only a fixed number are produced and then the model is discontinued. This model offers a 7S36 automovement but not a sapphire crystal if I remember correctly. Both the Red and Yellow Monster offer sapphire and a rectangular cyclops over the day/date.

The Blue Monster can probably be purchased 'Gray Market' here in the USA - but its not a Seiko sanctioned model in the North American catalog.

Mine was purchased by e-mail from seiya-japan - a most trusted Japanese vendor.

Early on in my collecting hobby - I was determined to own as many different color Monsters as possible - the Red Monster was purchased from "Dream University" Bangkok Thailand.

A few more Japan only Monsters

BOO - (Black IP on Orange dial) Monster (note - the Orange dialed Monsters are the only ones to have black outlined hands
)

Left BOB (Black IP on Black dial) Monster

The white numbers on the bezel are non-luminous

Thanks all for enjoying my Monster collection ...

mikiehorn wrote:
Thanks again ... these are the 3scarcest ones to collect. As I understand it - the Black and Orange Monsters are the only ones in the Seiko North American catalog. All the othersare Japan/Thai market only.

mikeizzy wrote:
mikiehorn wrote:

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

Wow, all my Seiko's are just the old run of the mill type. I LOVE the monsters. I will put that in my search engine today. Will add them to my collection on my next buying spree. Thank you for the great posts.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts