Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought this a few months back, the often illusive Seiko Blue Monster...I was looking for one for a long time and the timing just worked out! Here are the pics...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

super nice - that is a fantastic watch - all of them are!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Awesome watch with a great pedigree! Would put the lumeup againt watches 25 times the price and one of the hardest dial colors to find! Way to go bro, it's nice to see something that everyoneand their brother doesnt have!!! Great score!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Congrats on finding your blue Seiko diver. The three you have make an awesome set! ....Bob

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

Very nice watch. Like the blue dial. Looks great on the wrist and with it's brothers. Nice collection. Wear it in great health and thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

FreeDive wrote:
The red accents on the bezel make it a whole different watch! Very nice, enjoy!
Yes, I think Seiko did a good job designing the blue monster to help it be a step above the others. It has a saphire crystal, colored bezel and red second hand...the rarity of it was drew me to the watch, tons of people have an orange or black, but very few have the blue (or red, or yellow). Love this version!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I love them. 100% love the look. But at 42.5mm my wife's diamond corduba is larger....

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I love them. 100% love the look. But at 42.5mm my wife's diamond corduba is larger....
The size is fine. I actually do not like 44mm+ waches, so the Seiko Monster really is a great option for those who have the same preferences as I do.

38mm is about the max for my wife, but she has a small wrist.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am not saying there is anything at all wrong with them. If fact I LOVE the look and always have. i just wish they had a larger one available - like 46-47mm or up.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Nice Seikos

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

Love it...them.

My first good watch was a Seiko...bought it

onFifth Ave in NYC. Still works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

That is such a cool watch! I love the blue with the red accents on the bezel! Nice snag as it is real hard to find. Where there's a will there's a way huh?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

Great Monster! I have the OM and luv it!!! If you dont mind me asking - How did you come about it and whats the price point compared to the OM?? Congrats and Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Very nice! I picked up my first OM about a month ago and am already plotting to get the Seiko Diver with the pepsi bezel and several monsters for mods, etc. The Blue Monster is certainly at the top of the food chain, though. I'd love to have one someday.

Congrats!

David

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Cali kid wrote:
Awesome watch with a great pedigree! Would put the lumeup againt watches 25 times the price and one of the hardest dial colors to find! Way to go bro, it's nice to see something that everyoneand their brother doesnt have!!! Great score!

I have to agree with Cali 100%.

T.
FYI

Overstock has the Orange Monster on rubber for around $168 (I think)

Not a bad price from what I've seen lately. They also have it on a bracelet, can't remember the price though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts