2,242 Posts
bad azz solar FLIEGER

-maybe assembled in INDONESIA ?

will let the horo-braniacs give the right answer-

nice PU

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice, is that the Aviator SNE range? It seems to have a moveable bezel, the ones I'm finding don't. Can you please give a Model #.
Cheers
Derek

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, is that the Aviator SNE range? It seems to have a moveable bezel, the ones I'm finding don't. Can you please give a Model #.
Cheers
Derek
Derek SNE331, non movable bezel. I like the the case thickness of 10mm. Larger than my LaSalle at 3.5mm but smaller than my Invicta Subaqua 1590 at 18mm, lol.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great looking watch.

Here's an old thread that talks about where Seiko's are made.

http://www.watchfreeks.com/23-seiko/17371-japan-not-japan-made.html

In short some are made in Japan, others (sometimes even the same model) are made in Malaysia or Thailand.
I found this at another watch forum: " - - - every Seiko at whatever price point is equal in quality no matter where the parts were stamped out, where they were assembled or where the whole thing was cased up. Seiko has a rigid set of manufacturing standards that all factories adhere to."

Now, that's nice to hear.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Eddie, thanks for the info. Looks like I was on the right track. Seems that yours has a coin edge bezel (?) Most I was seeing appeared to be smooth, but could just be my bad eyes. I see you are in San Jose, I'm in San Mateo, we should get a Bay Meet Up organized.
Again, like that unit a lot.
Cheers
Derek

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Derek, yeah, I noticed that bezel edge too. I also though it was rotational, but it's not. I hang out in San Jose, Kapa'a, Kauai, Pahoa, Big Island of Hawaii, and the R Ranch in the Napa Hills. With a little time in Oakley, CA, near the Delta, and occasionally in Highland, Utah. If I'm not in the air, I'll be riding one of my 16 motorcycles, or admiring my small watch collection, lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh wow Eddie, I also have a place on Maui, and I have about the same number of motorcycles! I have a business partner that builds flat track bikes among other stuff. I also raced in the Vintage Flat Track series finishing in 6th in the Championship for vintage riders (50+) , before my eyes got too bad to race!
Cheers mate
Derek

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh wow Eddie, I also have a place on Maui, and I have about the same number of motorcycles! I have a business partner that builds flat track bikes among other stuff. I also raced in the Vintage Flat Track series finishing in 6th in the Championship for vintage riders (50+) , before my eyes got too bad to race!
Cheers mate
Derek
wow, talk about similarities except I've never raced. Anything. However, I have chased bad guys in cars and on motorcycles. Never lost one, lol. Here is my list of mcs:
2000 BMW K1200LT in the shop getting a new makeover
1999 BMW K1200LT "The Silver Bullet"
1989 BMW K100RS "White Ghost"
1996 Kawasaki KZ1000P ex chaser
1986 Honda Goldwing Espencade 1200
1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate 1100
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Fast!
1980 Yamaha XS1100 just as fast
2003 Yamaha VStar 650 Classic
2006 Yamaha Morphous "The Space Ship"
1986 Honda CT110
1977 Honda CT90
1976 Honda CT90
1968 Honda CT90
1982 Honda ST90
1982 Honda CT70

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow Eddie, nice stable you have there!
With me here at the moment:

2007 ,Ducati ST3, my long distance Sport Tourer.
1997, Suzuki 1200 Bandit rigged for drag strip 9.5sec 1/4 miler.
1979, Maico 490 smoker. Rebuild and fresh up in progress.
In my shop:
Suzi, Bandit 400 road racer,
250 Gas Gas trial bike.
Jawa, 500 speedway bike,
X2 Own frame Ducati motor 650 flattrackers.
1973 Norton. Commando/ Atlas hybrid.
Bultaco 250 (changes configuration regularly. Flat track at moment. Very vintage!
Own build Yamaha flat tracker 600 single. X2.
Plus many parts of other stuff! Lol
I'll try and post some pics of our own make bikes when I get home. We make all the frames and swing arms etc in house.
If you ever need a part give me a pm. We have a full machine shop so can probably fab up most things.
What's with the CT Hondas?
This thread went sideways!
I love watches!
Cheers mate
Derek

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
Derek, yeah, I noticed that bezel edge too. I also though it was rotational, but it's not. I hang out in San Jose, Kapa'a, Kauai, Pahoa, Big Island of Hawaii, and the R Ranch in the Napa Hills. With a little time in Oakley, CA, near the Delta, and occasionally in Highland, Utah. If I'm not in the air, I'll be riding one of my 16 motorcycles, or admiring my small watch collection, lol.
I used to be a biker in my younger days, decided along the way I had to choose between Jack Daniels and Harley Davidson, since doing both would have ended with me dead before 50.

I choose Jack, although I do miss old Mr. Harley on occasions. I used to be the V.P. of the "Chicago Blue Knights" Police M.C. we actually looked raunchier then most of the 1%er gangs, we would pull up to biker rallies and chase the rat 1%ers out, since 95% of us were legally packing, ha ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts