Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new SNZG15J1 Seiko 5 Sports Automatic from Skywatch - http://skywatches.com.sg/ in March 2015.

Watch arrived new in box and in great condition.

It ran fine for several months but lately, I noticed it will stop after I take it out of the winder and place it on my wrist.

I keep it on a winder and it keeps great time while on the winder.

I've tried two different winders and have had the same result.

Occasionally, (like today), the watch will start to run again AFTER I remove it from my wrist??

I've tried pressing a bit on the see through case back to see if putting pressure on it makes it stop but can't seem to recreate the scenario.

I've also tried giving it a good shaking to make sure it is fully wound only to have it stop again on my wrist after about an hour.

It is sitting on my desk at work now running like a top but will stop soon after I place it on my wrist.

Case back has not been opened since I received it, never exposed to water and I'm using the original band.

Also, I have several other Seiko's and none have displayed this behavior.

Anyone seen this scenario before?

Thanks for any guidance!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've heard of this on the 7s26c. Most of these were made on amazon reviews by people who don't understand how these things work. I can give a couple suggestions, but not sure if they'll work. First, try resetting your watch. Do a full 24 hour rotation, then stop at 6am. Then reset your day and date. Then set your current time. Try doing this about midday to keep from engaging the gearing to change the date. After that, allow your watch to completely run out. After that, give it a two minute shake (good for about 30 hours of power) then let it run out again. Try and monitor it during this time. Don't wear it, though. If no problems, give it a one minute shake, then wear it for the next day or two like you normally would. My though Is that maybe it may have been overly wound. I'm not sure if winders have speed settings, but if they do, set it on the slowest setting in you leave your watch on there more than a day, and take it out every few days even if you're not going to wear it, just to let the spring unwind a bit.

Again, not sure if this will work or not, but I guess give it a try before you take it to a repair shop or return it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice and troubleshooting steps. I'll give these a try and report back this weekend.

Skywatch did reply and say they would swap the movement for me but the likely cost of shipping back to Singapore might not make sense as I only paid $107.00 for it in March.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts