Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Im posting a few pictures of that SEIKO I'm looking to buy in the few hours. Just need a second look from the community to make sure I'm buying a sure thing and an authentic SEIKO. Ref#6105-8000 .
Looks good to me and all matching but I just wanted to make sure and not Frankenstein . Please advise!
Thanks
Val
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch accessory Watch Metal

Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Pics are pretty grainy but I'd be willing to bet that the bezel insert is aftermarket, and these usually have had a new crystal installed at some point. The lume looks original based on the corrosion and patina. Serial number puts the production date around February 1969.
Even if it was a bit of a Frankenstein, it looks to be in good enough shape that it would be well worth buying and restoring with OEM parts, or just wearing as is.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
His brother was a marine and he discovered some personal things after his past and found this watch. His thoughts are the watch is all original but his is not an expert in vintage watches. I know the crown says lock on it with an arrow pointing. Original Crystal.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
For that price, wait for Seiko to come out with their reissue. Estimated price $460 to 490

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
His brother was a marine and he discovered some personal things after his past and found this watch. His thoughts are the watch is all original but his is not an expert in vintage watches. I know the crown says lock on it with an arrow pointing. Original Crystal never been changed . Value is $550 ???????? Too much or ?????
If it is all original and in good working order, I feel like $550 is a very good price. The 6105-8110/9 is a bit more desirable with its asymmetrical case, but the one you are looking at is also a classic that is becoming harder to find, especially in that condition. They seem to be going on Watchrecon for $750 and up.

I'd buy it.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Man, they are overpriced for a vintage.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
What is a good price for a vintage watch like that?
If they're going for that price or more, then it's a good price.
Some vintage watches get an almost cult following, which jacks the prices up. This must be one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.