Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I pulled the trigger on a black Seiko 5 MIL on the canvas strap.I already own the green variant gifted to me by a fellow watchfreek.Love the green one,keeps pretty decent time for an auto in the 50 to 70 usd price range.Cant wait for the black one to arrive.So anyway just for giggles I went on to Amazon reviews after I had purchased the watch and read some of the reviews which got a chuckle out of me.Like someone said in one of the reviews you can tell that some of these folks are not watch people and didnt know what to expect.Like one gentleman sent his back twice because it arrived each time with the battery dead(er duh genius its and automatic)In another one the purchaser of the watch said that it loses time if you dont wear it.NO!! REALLY!!.If you know what your getting into the Seiko 5 MIL is a darn good timepiece for the money.But it was fun to read the reviews by some clueless people.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lol. That was me explaining that people didn't know what they were getting into.

I wrote that review after buying the SNK805. The people complaining about the watch stopping overnight really upset me. I even explained how to wind it at the end of the day just do help them out.

·
4,210 Posts
Horologicalwhore:
You mean there are companies making autos that don't have ETERNAL
Power Reserves?
Back when I was pushing locomotive throttles, Power Reserve was called,
you guessed it "Wind Reserve". Register was usually above the 6:00 oclock
position. But that was back in tha last century and I'm gettin senile.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the red version (SNKM95), the dial layout has become one of my favorite. Out of the 29 various inexpensive watches i have, this is the one i wear the most. Best part is that i got it on sale for $30 around Christmas time last year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.