Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a sucker for the blue/silver and blue/white theme. Hence, my excitement when I first saw that although the original snow monster was not around (I missed the craze back in 2014 or so, by a few months and they were all gone), Seiko had released the mini snow/ice monster. To be honest, I bought it solely for the dial color/design. While I fully respected Seiko, I did have the coin, like most of you, to get all the bells and whistles. I didn’t expect much, just a great dial.

I am happy to say, this thing is 10x the watch I expected. While I would have preferred a screw-down crown, to be honest, I have my dive masters for that, and the watch can surely stand a drizzle. The dial is very well executed for a $200 watch! The inset on the day-date window is perfect. The lume is awesome! The knurling on the crown is just right for the level of ease of it’s manipulation. And for manipulation, there is no mistaking where you are when you adjust the movement, and it’s running a mere 17s/day fast! The cut in the bezel is just deep enough that the paint is perfectly protected. And while the 120-click bezel is not super crisp, it does inspire confidence. Finally, although not decorated, the open caseback really does show a nice looking movement.

I don’t want to turn this into a review by any means, but I did want to point out to anyone looking at this watch, you get a surprisingly good value here, and you can trust it will meet your expectations!

·
Super Moderator
9,354 Posts
What a get Rob ! :eek2: This is yet another Seiko that manages to hit
on all cylinders when you think about it. Not only does it have the
exceptional design, but then the colors are phenomenal at the same
time.

Seriously, the blue is so different, and almost muted. Love it, and
the terrific combo with the silver of the stainless. Plus everything
in your review just sounds ridiculously impressive for under $200 ! :)

THX a ton for the great look sir, and a giant congrats to you !!!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely watch for sure. What's the quality of the original bracelet like?
It’s good! They’re folded links, but almost impossible to tell, the way it’s polished. They’re polished along the sides, and the tab end of the link, while the main body is brushed. Solid end links, and the clasp has four points of micro adjustment, no divers extension though. Kinda fits with the crown. It has friction pins, and a half link on each side. Overall, I would say it’s solid seiko quality, meeting the caliber of the rest of the watch.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have this one, despite the chapter rings being a little misaligned (on mine), it's still a beauty and wear it quite often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts