Watch Freeks banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have picked it up today (import duty very mild). I can only say it is quite the stunning watch. Signed clasp and crown, detailed case back, nicely done contrast between polished and satin surfaces and the inner bezel even carries the same slant as the original it was made after.The bracelet comes with push pin links and the clasp has four micro adjustment positions. I had to remove three links. The hands are coated with a thick layer of lacquer, not just a thin coat of paint. The push pin removal tool it came with is rubbish, only good for one use.

Super Moderator
Oh thank goodness Frans, I was hoping it would be as
good or great as it looked. (y):D

But knew there was no guarantee that it would be. So
it is just THE best hearing you say that the watch is
stunning like this ! 馃槑 And from your pictures, 鈥榮tunning鈥
really does seem like the perfect way to describe this
one. 馃槈 I mean it really does seem to tick all the boxes,
and the detail really does look to be outstanding from
here.

Can only imagine how nice it is there in person. o_O
Yet another remarkable retro addition sir ! Honestly
hope you really enjoy. ..A HUMONGOUS congrats
to you Frans !!!

Senior Freek
Nice looking watch!

Reactions: GoodWatch

Senior Freek
How's the fit? How's the bracelet quality?

Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How's the fit? How's the bracelet quality?
I want to avoid superlatives because I don鈥檛 want to exaggerate but the fit is great although I鈥檓 just between two links. The bezel could be a tad tighter but no play. Flush crystal and the bracelet, considering the overall price, is above par. The folding mechanism of the clasp looks CNC. I recommend this watch.

Reactions: Gary

Oris Freek
Got mine yesterday. Pretty much agree with Frans on everything minus the CNC clasp. Haven't had time to adjust it yet. But they give you plenty of nice BoR to play with. I'm impressed so far. Haven't opened it up yet to see if the NH35 is the real deal. But I will...:)

Long Time Member
I got mine a day or two ago. I like the look, I think it looks great. It is too heavy and sits too high on my wrist though. Maybe it鈥檚 just my wrist shape, but it is really uncomfortable.

Oris Freek
I got mine a day or two ago. I like the look, I think it looks great. It is too heavy and sits too high on my wrist though. Maybe it鈥檚 just my wrist shape, but it is really uncomfortable.
So I got robbed on the expedited shipping eh ? Oh well, live and learn. Too bad it doesn't feel good on you. Maybe try a rubber strap or something...馃槉

Senior Freek
-5 sec/day, sounds like an NH35 to me. Let us know what you find when you lift the lid.

Reactions: forzaferrari

Oris Freek
-5 sec/day, sounds like an NH35 to me. Let us know what you find when you lift the lid.
Much to my surprise the movement turned out to be an NH36. A real one at that. Telling us that they could've included a day on this piece but chose not too. A quick nudge on the regulator got me to where I want to be. I choose always to be a bit fast rather than any slow. Much happiness...:)

Long Time Member
After reading some reviews here and elsewhere including a comparison review between the tactical frog, seestern and maranez I decided to pick up a maranez. I do not think you can go wrong with any of them. Just a matter of choice.

Rather than spend money on a doxa the three brands above offer a good value as does this one I wear once in awhile. Swiss 2824 -2 movement

Oris Freek
One last word about my smooth transaction with Seastern regarding customer service. I paid $20 for expedited shipping which I found out from other members I did not need. Live and learn right ? I also spent $10 on the tropic strap option. Well, I guess they were in such a hurry to expedite my order that they forgot to throw in the rubber strap.
So, I emailed them and explained the situation. Six hours later, they emailed me back with an apology and a promise to get the strap right out to me. I received the strap in less than a week. Good customer service. I'm a happy guy. :D Now I just might buy that red dialed 62MAS they're selling for $179. No expedited shipping this time...:ROFLMAO:

Long Time Member
There is an auction for either or both a tactical frog and/or a seerstern at another site. PM if interested and no they are not mine.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts