Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will arrive in a week or so. What is very odd is that the manufacturer states that the watch has a water resistance of 300m while the dial reads 200m (at least on the site). Perhaps to to avoid too much Doxa similarities? I bought it direct from them and not at AliExpress (more expensive) and paid EUR 147.52 with free shipping.

Case Material: All 316L Stainless steel, mixed finishings (brushing, polish, sandblasting)
Case Diameter: 42mm excluding the crown
Bezel: Unidirectional rotatable bezel (360 degrees, sandblasted and brushed finishing)
Lug to Lug: 46 mm
Height: 13.6 mm
Lug width: 20 mm
Weight: ca. 172 g (steel strap)
Movement: NH35A Automatic movement with lumed date wheel
Strap: Stainless steel BOR, milled buckle with 4 micro adjustments, tapering from 20 to 18 mm, push pins
Crown: Screw down crown (signed)
Crystal: Flat sapphire , inner AR coating
Dial: Orange
Case back: Screw down with 3D art work
Lume: Japan Lume glowing blue
Water-resistance: 300m/1000ft
Warranty: 1 year

·
2,983 Posts
I think these, and the "Tactical Frog" branded versions seem to use "300" like a model number in reference to Doxa but I think they are indeed 200m rated. I know I saw 20ATM on the caseback of one or both.

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think these, and the "Tactical Frog" branded versions seem to use "300" like a model number in reference to Doxa but I think they are indeed 200m rated. I know I saw 20ATM on the caseback of one or both.
Yes, you are correct. The 300m on their site must be an error. And how they can produce that watch for that money is baffling (if it's any good that is of course).

·
Super Moderator
4,798 Posts
Don't know how they do it. A half decent BOR bracelet would cost half of what you paid for the watch.

·
Long Time Member
290 Posts
I also ordered the orange, it was about a week or two ago. I didn’t splurge on fast shipping, so I’m hoping I get it before Christmas. It said it could take 75 days.

·
Long Time Member
724 Posts
Wonder if FullSwing, Smart Asia Industrial Ltd. is involved. They make Maranez, Helson, Armida, and Benarus

·
Oris Freek
3,878 Posts
I bought the pastel blue/teal Seastern. This one has a proper bezel as compared to the Doxa. Love the illuminated date wheel. Nothing wrong with good old robust NH35. Unless of course, it's an Asian copy. And I will be checking.:ROFLMAO: Should be here in about 7 days. We'll see...:unsure:

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also ordered the orange, it was about a week or two ago. I didn’t splurge on fast shipping, so I’m hoping I get it before Christmas. It said it could take 75 days.
I ordered it 2 September and 10 September is arrived at an airport in Belgium. From there (so it seems) to a hub in Hamburg and from there on to me.

·
Oris Freek
3,878 Posts
You never know... Often times on ebay sellers will pad the shipping time so you don't expect to get it so soon. I my have gotten fleeced for $30 getting the expedited shipping. You might get yours before I get mine...

·
Super Moderator
14,646 Posts
Too cool Frans ! o_O :cool: Holy cow a GIGANTIC congrats to you
there ahead of time !!! (y)(y) It’s unbelievable just how great these
look really sir. 😀😲 Not only is the tone of the orange wonderful,
but the bezel, case, along with bracelet to to be out of this world
as well. I mean it has all the personality, and flare of a Doxa to be
honest. And I really like the subtle look Seestern name on the dial
too. Very classy, snd understated.

This is going to be terrific when it comes in, not to mention a lot
of fun hearing what you have to say about it ! :D

It’s going to be a ridiculously cool addition to the collection.

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is already in my country and this morning I paid the import duty, a modest 13.50 Euro.

·
Super Moderator
14,646 Posts
It's amazing how fast things can move Frans. 😲😮
Man, this is fun ! :D:) I mean you have the watch
so close, and then the anticipation as well. o_O(y)

Oh, and by the way, thanks for shedding some light
on the import duty thing also ! 😉I always read about
that on ebay, but never have actually experienced it.
Or knew a ton about it.

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because goods from outside the EU are subject to sales tax and duty we have to pay extra. Sometimes I escape it when it comes through another country first. Say 1 out of 10.

·
Super Moderator
14,646 Posts
Because goods from outside the EU are subject to sales tax and duty we have to pay extra. Sometimes I escape it when it comes through another country first. Say 1 out of 10.
Well thanks so much for the insight sir. (y) You made it
easy to understand. I had thought maybe those taxes
could also happen here. But it sounds like unfortunately
it’s for all of you on that side of the pond. 😕

We have to figure a way for things to always come through
another country first it sounds like. 🙂

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dang! It’s not the watch but something from the UK.

·
Super Moderator
14,646 Posts
Dang! It’s not the watch but something from the UK.
😄 Oh, so the watch is still a ways a way then?

Like we always say Frans, patience is a virtue. (y)😀
And hey, you have something else on the way
evidently too, so that’s neat also !

·
Oris Freek
3,878 Posts
Well, I'm beginning to wonder whether the US's recent beefs with China will affect my watch delivery. I paid for 14 day expedited delivery for one of these 7 days ago. They sent me a Fed Ex tracking number. Fed Ex has not even received any info for it yet.:cautious:

·
Long Time Member
290 Posts
Well, I'm beginning to wonder whether the US's recent beefs with China will affect my watch delivery. I paid for 14 day expedited delivery for one of these 7 days ago. They sent me a Fed Ex tracking number. Fed Ex has not even received any info for it yet.:cautious:
lol, you won’t have it as bad as me if that’s true. I elected for the free shipping they said could take up to 75 days. If you are right, I should get it around Christmas time 2022.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts